Douglas Supreme Barrel

Pa Grizz

Just picked up a Douglas Supreme 30 cal barrel.It has not been chambered yet.Just for the heck of it I would like to see what some of you would chamber it for I have a Remington receiver for it to go on

Just picked up a Douglas Supreme 30 cal barrel.It has not been chambered yet.Just for the heck of it I would like to see what some of you would chamber it for I have a Remington receiver for it to go on

If it is a long action I would go for a 7-.300 Weatherby. Kicks less than the .300 and does the same job down range. I used three of them and would not hesitate to use one again.

Let me be the first to say 300 WM. :D

I would get the reamer specs from Broz. He uses a longer throat to seat the 215 Bergers out some.

10 twist?

Thats exactly what I did; and I could not be happier with the way my 300 WM turned out. 3000 fps with a 215 is awesome. 26" Brux on a Borden timberline action.

Is your action a LA or SA? A std .473 bolt face or a magnum bolt face? Pleanty throwing suggestions out, without knowing enough about the action to make a good suggestion......

That's going to be hard to do since it's a 30 cal.

I don't understand how people are missing the fact that he's already bought the barrel and it's a .30 cal barrel.

I was told he might could take it back to Douglas and they could run it through their top-secret bore tightening machine and get them to take it down one size to 7mm. They can't go more than 1 size without the bore getting oblong and the barrel length stretching, then they have to charge you for trimming it back down to length. :D

I don't understand how people are missing the fact that he's already bought the barrel and it's a .30 cal barrel.

I was told he might could take it back to Douglas and they could run it through their top-secret bore tightening machine and get them to take it down one size to 7mm. They can't go more than 1 size without the bore getting oblong and the barrel length stretching, then they have to charge you for trimming it back down to length. :D
Maybe they like 7stw so much they don't care if the bullet bounces off the bore once or twice.
Thats dedication.

Just thank our public education system, Mud,,,,,, and keep paying your school taxes!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.