Double Rifle Case for Air Travel

I flew in & out of JFK airport in NY. When I returned, I asked 3 different TSA agents where my rifle would unload. I literally got 3 different answers. Those people didn't have a clue. My brother and I searched in several different areas of the terminal where baggage was coming down. Finally, my brother found the large rifle case laying on the floor in an unattended area. He picked the case up and walked out of the terminal without anyone saying anything. The bag was not his, and did not have his name on the tags. It certainly didn't matter.

There is some large rifle case that can handle 2 bolt actions. Go to Amazon to d your shopping for a case. You can generally get additional foam to change or cut out something different.
If to going to Africa, don't go through NY. it's a real pain in the A**. Unless you really know your way around that airport. Coming back in to NY you have to have the police inspect your firearm. They don't toch it, but you have to wait until they get there and you open up the lock case.Just to look at it. It's locked, it was dumbest thing I have seen traveling with a firearm. Try to fly into Germany then to Africa. England won't allow firearms of any kind being shipped through them.
I have watch from and area above the tarmac baggesage handlers throwing down a rifle case several times They thought it was funny. I wanted to kick their *ss.
Besure and have all your paper work in order, and with you. One set in the case and one your pocket. Serial no to match your fires too on the form. Carry your ammo in the rifle case. two 20 round plactic boxes to carry the ammo in. Have a save trip and a great time.
You have adobe up grade system you can fill out the form by typing in the info. That throught the ATF off at the airport. 🤣😁.
Thank you for the advice. We are currently in the process of planning a family safari to South Africa for June 2025, so we have a bit of time. We are going to try to fly Delta out of Atlanta direct to Johannesburg. I'm hoping this will alleviate a lot of the headaches that you outlined above. We are also planning to utilize a travel agent that specializes in safari planning & also the folks at riflepermits.com to help with importing our rifles in Johannesburg. This all may be unnecessary, but when compared to the cost of the trip, the add on cost for theses services is peanuts. We are NOT experienced international travelers, much less with rifles, so I think it is a safe or safer bet to utilize some of the specialty services available, especially for our first trip to Africa.

Lots of people recommend using rental rifles & I'm sure that is a good option for many folks. However, I want to take my rifles. Like many or most on this forum, I've spent a considerable about of money and time getting setup exactly that way I want with custom rifles, highly tuned and tested load development, hours in the field practicing with MY rigs, etc. I just don't think the experience would be the same for me if I didn't use the rifles that I love so dearly.