Air Travel With Pelican Case

As a retired airline employee, I can tell you that the vast majority of the counter people, ticket agents and even ramp service have absolutely no idea what their airlines actual firearms policies are! They usually get their info from some other agent, who got their info from a supervisor who also doesn't have a clue!
As SeboCreek said, find the airlines and TSA's policies online and print them out. Read them and understand them! When you get to the airport, don't argue with anyone, just hand them written policies and let them argue between themselves, although you may have to clarify it for them. Some of them are totally ignorant and some of them are just stupid. You can educate ignorant but you just can't fix stupid!

For me to trust any airline with one of my guns is akin to letting the criminals guard the bank! Between the anti-gun nuts that don't think you should even own them to the roaches that just want to steal them, I'm am overjoyed any time my gun cases show up without damage! Most of the people are honest (even if misinformed) but it only takes one to ruin your trip. Use a hard case if possible and the best locks you can afford and keep your fingers crossed!
Good luck to anyone that must fly with their guns!
Cheers,
crkckr

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.