Don't yell at me!

Rkelley

Ok guys here it is probably one of the dumbest questions ever asked.
I recently picked up a new/used tc impact at cabelas for a song. A friend gave me a Lee bullet mold.
I saw on u tube a guy who was making glue gun bullets for his 44, shooting them with just a primer.
I have rabbits who are a huge nuisance but horse property's on all sides, (see where I am going)
So here is what I've done so far
I made a few glue gun bullets, my kids caught on qwick lol (I am now committed because they made so many) they weigh only 21 gn.
I tried a win 209 primer and it was just too week on its own, so I tried 4 gn. Of Trip 7, which gave me good accuracy at 15 to 20 yds. (The problem it is just too dirty and cleaning it every 2 shots is ridiculous),

I switched to a federal 209 a which to my knowledge is the hottest primer you can buy. It seemed to hit hard enough on an old bag target in my yard so I gave it a try on a rabbit.
The first shot at 5 yds hit low, the bullet bounced off the lawn, over the rabbit lol. The rabbit just kind of looked at me while I reloaded. On the next shot I hit him in the head at the base of his skull. It definitely did the trick. He bounced around and bleed out from his ear. (He died quickly)
I later shot one in the vitals the glue gun bullet passed through one side and while the rabbit was toast I had to finish him off.

I need just a bit more snort but do not want to clean the gun every two shots.

SO HERE IS THE QUESTION??
I am thinking 2 gn. Unique should work fine, I also have various other shotgun powders on hand. I even asked my gunsmith who laughing, told me he thought it would work safely.

What are your thoughts?
I have used powderless 22s in the past but I have heard a ricochet at times. (I actually prefer them to the pellet gun)
Thanks, Reid

I would try hardwood dowels to make ultra light bullets.

Years ago I tried them in a 44 mag and they worked good for inside a house where you didn't want to shoot through two or three walls. (They were called Dracula Droppers).

They were surprisingly accurate at 20 yards and fouling the barrel was not a problem.

At the length I cut them they weighed 18 grains they can be cut to any length that will feed and weigh what ever you want them to.

Just a thought

J E CUSTOM

Thanks for the input, I will give it a try and let you know how it works. I haven't had the chance for a few days.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.