Help me choose a rifle.

RT2506

It has been a looooooog time since I have done any muzzle loader deer hunting but looks like I will be getting back into it for the 2019 season. I have an OLD knight T-Bolt Magnum 50 cal. that I put a 209 primer kit in many years ago but really never worked with it long enough to really get it shooting like it did with the old musket cap firing system it originally had. It really shot great with 150 grs, three pellets of Pyrodex, with a Black PMP or MPM can't remember exact name High Pressure Sabot with a 45 cal. Hornady 250 gr XTP fired by a CCI musket cap. This combo was wicked on deer out to 200ish yards. When I put the 209 primer system in my accuracy with the same load was horrible. This was before 777 powder came along so I never tried any. I may experiment with it some. In the mean time I am wanting a rifle that will be accurate but not cost $400+ that will work with the new Black Horn powder. Many places are having good sales right now so give me your recommendations as to what I should look into as well as what load combo shoots best and kills deer best with the suggested rifle.

You're basically looking for an entry level rifle, which doesn't mean they're a bad rifle. Just about any modern inline made today is a 200yd capable rifle, with the right charge and bullet.
I'm not a fan of CVA, but I do know others with the Accura V2 that are very happy with the performance. They all purchased the accessory BH209 breech plugs and shoot 110grs volume of BH209. Their bullets of choice is the 290gr Barnes T-EZ using the supplied sabots. I've shot a buddies rifle and its accurate.
IMO...…….. no matter what someone behind the counter might say, I'd stay clear of power belt bullets.

I have the accura v2 shooting cva recommended load of 150gr imr white hots and power belts 223g. I get 1.5 groups or better on target at 100 and had great success with white tail. Excellent blood trails and they don't go far.
I have heard other people say not to use power belts but have never been given a explanation as to why not.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.