Don't Exactly Know What To Do Next....?

RemingtonMagnum

Ok, so I just got a new Nikon Buckmasters 6-18x40SF with target turrets for my 7mm Rem. Mag. So now after I sight it in do I reset the turrets back to 0? Or do I just make adjustment accordingly from where it is sighted in at for different ranges? If this don't make any sense let me know and I will try and reword it. Thanks for any help.

Get your scope zeroed at the yardage that you want, then remove screws in the center of the turrets, lift the turret to disengage it and turn it to zero and push it back down. Now replace the screws. If it is the same as the monarch.

Steve

Also, take it from somebody who knows......

DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE SCREWS!!! You only need to snug them up.

I learned the hard way to tighten using the short end of the allen wrench as leverage. :rolleyes:

thanks guys for the advise and if i sight it in dead on at 100 yards what do you think my max range for adjustments is with that scope?

That scope has 50 moa adjustment and that will get you out there a long ways... however check your scope mounts to make sure that the scope is not leaning to the front.. I once had a Nikon monarch on Leupold rings that when sighted in at 100 yds I only had 7 MOA adjustment up.. If you are wanting to shoot long ranges then you can try what I did and that is to center the cross hairs in the scope (25MOA up and 25MOA down) and use a boresighter and place shims under the scopemounts to bring your crosshairs to the zero point rather than adjusting your turrets this will give you more adjustment for those longer shots (remember that you will need longer mounting screws if you shim it up very much).... Hope that makes some sencegun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts