Don't be a poacher.

I had a demon on my shoulder telling me to shoot one on the King ranch years ago great big sucker but I just couldn't do it never regretted it
I was raised never take a shot that you might regret later. You can't take a bullet back

I'd say that for those of us who have hunted any length of time, we have also met that demon.
You made the right decision.
Death is eternal, so is a lifetime suspension of your hunting license and an arrest record.
The big ones often seem to stay, just across the fence.
But, it's just not worth it.
My dad was different, but he grew up in a time when hunted meat was often necessary for food. I now have a 17 year old, I try my best to model for him the way things are supposed to be done.
Assuming some day, he to will face the demons.

OMG!
This has probably been the most ridiculous thread I've read in this site.
Thank GOD I LIVE IN TEXAS!
Poaching: while hard to pinpoint an exact definition here, is essentially taking of any wildlife resource illegally.
PERIOD!
I own land and I also lease land to hunt on and in both cases, this means I OWN the RIGHT to hunt/kill the state owned wildlife located on these properties.
If anyone, even my landowner were to take an animal without my permission, they would be
Poaching!
And they would be STEALING from me my ability to Harvest the animal.
Also
If you kill a big game animal on private property without landowner/manager consent, it is a state jail felony, including arrest, fines, and state restitution.
BTW:
What ever happened to the Amish mafia?
Lol
I thought poaching, was everything from hunting without license, to jumping fences to kill game out of season.

Everyone likes a little arse, but no one likes a smart arse. Just don't do that either. It's like high school health class the way some of you act.

awe someone sounds like a melting snowflake. I usually am assured not to run across one in a hunting or gun forum but there you are...

They're out there. Too bad it happens but some people get greedy and can't help themselves. Glad the guy was caught.

It's like high school health class the way some of you act.

That's kind of unfair.....i failed the health class my sophomore year...
Was paired to do a research paper..myself a wrestler and buddy a basketball player...i did the bookwork and buddy said he would do the oral presentation......i failed because I didn't go to the front of the class for the oral presentation...but the buddy didn't fail...not even on the presentation....and to be very clear...the basketball coach/health teacher failed me in the class for the term...not the paper.....there went my grade point....gone.....but the next year I got to be in the same health class...but this time with a bunch of beautiful sophomore chickypoos.........you know...didnt really hurt my feelings....:)

What a waste of a trophy of a lifetime! Poaching is bad down in my area. People driving the roads day or night. I don't understand the thrill of poaching. Out smarting something on their home turf is a great adrenaline rush.

You really need to have a clear understanding of Ky. law if you trespass on my property! Our laws are stacked in favor of the Landowner/Homeowner
And yes if you shoot it on your land and it jumps the fence and dies on my land it's now my deer..Just ask my new neighbor who won't let me fish in the pond anymore
because his grandsons like to fish...guess who got reminded when I said NO stay off my Property you can't come get the deer!
It's the same in Tennessee

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.