Don't be a poacher.

well, my thoughts exactly...the thread went from exhorting about doing the right thing, to a discussion of getting away with doing the wrong thing.

PS
"hi-point 45 cal with serial numbers dremeled and all."
You know that doesn't work right?
Serial numbers are stamped.
The metal is fatigued much deeper than simply grinding off the surface.
You may not be able to read the numbers, but it is very simple to get them to show again.

This is from experience working in a metallurgy testing lab. FYI.
I believe they use acid to raise filed off serial numbers

Because people keep confabulating the two.
Taking game off your land is not a crime.

You all sound like people who own beach front property and think they can keep people off of "their beach"
Public rights and public beach access are not abridged just because you purchased the adjacent land.

Game remains a public property,a public resource, even on your private land.
Yes, you can control access to your land. But you will never own the wild animals on it.

It is an important concept that the entire hunting community used to understand.

I'm just not seeing it voiced here.
Research some recent changes to law and beachfront property in Florida

I can show you plenty of Private Beaches! Would you care to place a wager?
I lived in South Florida and there are scads of them!
You have to walk in the water NOT on the sand to pass them I fished there a couple days a week seen it with my own eyes.
You are absolutely correct I have moved from Florida also

Poachers are the lowest of the low. Right up there with liars and cheaters. The laws are too lenient when it comes tt that...

I don't know where y'all live but most parts of Texas where I'm from come with very severe consequences. Imo with so much HF that has gone up and the money pumped into game management and supplemental feed there is a fair chance you may not even make it off the ranch alive. There are multiple cases of "missing" persons that their last known whereabouts were poaching _______ ranch. Been around camp on some noteable ranches in our area after booze got to flowing and heard stories of how the owner(s) handles known poachers. This is all down in Deep South Texas where I'm from.

Poaching is bad but 80 %of the game wardens and our preacher s would shoot that deer on most days !

I could have harvested 2 different Boone and crocket bucks at different times one before legal shooting light once and after I harvested my buck with no tag another and I'm here to tell you it's a mind set period

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.