Don’t always assume SPS is giving the best deal…

Mike D Texas

I've had the .308/210 Nosler ABLR in my watch list on shootingbot for some time now. I've been wanting to try them in my 300 NMI.

I recently got an in stock notification for Midway USA for them. I went to their site and saw this…

IMG_1312.png

Over the next couple of days I received in stock notifications from a few other retailers so I decided to check Shooter's Pro Shop to see if they had them and found this:

IMG_1313.png

So more expensive for blem bullets. I know they are usually cosmetic blems, I've bought plenty. So moral of the story is do your research before assuming SPS is giving the best deals.

I ended up find them in stock from a different retailer with a cheaper price delivered than Midway has them listed before shipping and taxes.

I saw a box of those nosler ablr's in 7mm for about the same price here in town, I thought, if they're that expensive, maybe they might be worth a try. A search and post here on the forum said no. Pays to do your homework
I'm not sure if you are talking about on game performance or tunability. I've only used them on whitetail and Axis they've hammered them out of my wife's 6.5x47 Lapua at 2900fps muzzle velocity.

As to tuning, I'm finding they tune exactly opposite of folks that say they like jump. In 3 different cartridges so far, I'm finding they like to be close, like touching the lands but have them shoot well at .010 - .015 off. I won't load hunting rounds in the lands.

I think my findings were more price related, are they worth over $100 a box was the question I posted
I think only the individual user can answer that question. Certainly there are other bullets that may perform similarly for less money.

I don't sweat too much over the cost of components because typically in the big scheme for me it's not relevant to my decision if that's the bullet I want to shoot.

As they say YMMV.

Nosler has gone full retread with their pricing lately. I haven't seen any bargains at SPS for quite some time. Their barrage of emails is borderline annoying. 55gr BTs st SPS are $28.95 for blems. First run 55 BTs at BCR are $36.50. While first run Hornady 55gr VMAX are $20.95. Not sure how Nosler aims to stay in business with prices like that.
Screenshot_20240129-123717_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240129-123608_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240129-123637_Chrome.jpg

Nosler has gone full retread with their pricing lately. I haven't seen any bargains at SPS for quite some time. Their barrage of emails is borderline annoying. 55gr BTs st SPS are $28.95 for blems. First run 55 BTs at BCR are $36.50. While first run Hornady 55gr VMAX are $20.95. Not sure how Nosler aims to stay in business with prices like that.

And the 53gr V-Max has apparently developed quite a following due to its accuracy and relatively high BC.

I absolutely agree with you, I was close to pulling the trigger on buying them but some bergers became available, that's what I ended up going with. Best of luck shooting
Bergers are typically my go to but I would like to also have a bonded option that shoots well and performs at longer distances. If the claimed 1300fps expansion threshold is true the ABLR should be a good option.

Unfortunately I've wasted quite a few of them trying to get them to shoot with big jumps when I should have been going the other direction.