Dogs Meet Wolf Pack

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Surprised that the Great Pyrenees didn't attack the Wolf Pack. Guess the (7) wolfs to (2) Pyrenees was too much to handle. The Pyrenees were definitely bigger than the wolves in body size. Also suppressed that both the Pyrenees and Wolves were checking each other out without showing aggression.
Great Pyrenees are Bred to KILL Wolves/Coyotes/Cats.
Cassie our young Great Pyrenees is juts turning One years old. She is about 95 lbs and very protective of our animals and property. She doesn't show signs of backing down to anything right now. She comes from a long line of "Stock Protectors" and bred just for that. Having a difficult time turning her into a house pup.

Samson our Bernese Mountain Dog is 150 lbs and turning Ten years old in May. He is way past his Prime and expiration date. But he still trucks on. He is a BONIFIED Coyote Killer. I saw him kill several coyotes by just grabbing them by the neck and throwing them into the air. I think that when he was in his prime he would have went after all (7) Wolves.

Surprised the videographer didn't equalize the situation. Those wolves looked like they had a copper deficiency.
Suppressed the Pyrenees were wagging their tails. These were older dogs. Probably not Bred for Stock. Our one year Old Pyrenees would be tail straight up body hair all fluffed out, ears folded back, crouched with a lower head with neck pulled in and ready for battle.
I have seen Stock dogs in PROTECTION MODE. Bernese Mountain Dog.

Do you think the dogs are more protective with stock in close proximity? Said otherwise would being away from their place makes a difference?

I've found what's left of Pyreenes more than once, neither party was wanting a fight, a truce and every walks away that day. Either one catch the

Filmed in Italy, likely not packing a 6.5x284. They looked a little doggy/wolf/coyote cross, wagging tails & such.

I agree, when called for, man's best friend needs a little protection.

Agree that it is more about the mental state and demeanor of the dog than just the breed. The breed does have characteristics that make them more suitable, but their training and instinct determines their fight or flight response. The dogs in the video were smart not to engage with that many wolves.

Agree that it is more about the mental state and demeanor of the dog than just the breed. The breed does have characteristics that make them more suitable, but their training and instinct determines their fight or flight response. The dogs in the video were smart not to engage with that many wolves.
Very few dogs will single handedly handle a wolf, especially dogs in this country as USA breeding programs are a total farce. A dogo Argentina, Kangal or a true working line shepherd ,Czech republic, Germany,Slovakia will give a good account, but they were bred to guard against european grey wolves, and the good lines still carry grey wolf genes if you have them dna tested. Here's a few who are the real deal.I take one to Montana when hiking to warn of bears,and any other predators that may commit mayhem on us. these imports will take their death on anything, no BS. The first 3 are 110 to 120 lbs, two females at 85 lbs and a newly imported male on end at 95lbs.All except the female with the ball are 100 % obedience and attack trained.

Attachments

• knox.jpeg
    knox.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 136
  • knox1.jpeg
    knox1.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 137
  • knox3.jpg
    knox3.jpg
    657 KB · Views: 135
  • knox4.jpeg
    knox4.jpeg
    353.9 KB · Views: 137
  • knox5.jpg
    knox5.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 134
  • knox6.jpg
    knox6.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 140
My pit bull would take on any wolf! Waylon has several pit champions close up in his pedigree he does not sniff or posture He bites and shakes.
and like any performance bred dog he has uncounted generations that do only one thing...fight! They might kill him but they can't make him stop!

I saw a UTube of several one on one dog wolf fights yesterday. I will try to find and post.
You have to remember that Wolves can get to 150+++ lbs and no match for a regular DOG. Wolves kill all their lives and dogs are domesticated.
BUTTTT It is not the dog but the FIGHT in the Dog!
We had two Yotes following us on both sides on a closed road. We were kind of in a valley and at a disadvantage. Our Samson (Bernese) took off after one and there was a cattle fence off the side of the road. Too bad for the Yote. Samson (he was about 130 lbs then) grabbed a Yote (35 - 40 lbs) by the neck and shook him so hard and then threw him in the air 10'.

A UPS driver told me that when he pulled into the drive he thought that Samson was going to tear the tires off his vehicle and he was going to call an Uber to get home.
Our new female Great Pyrenees is FEARLESS and now we have a new Bernes since Samson passed. Maximus is 12 week and 40 lbs.

Last edited:
My daughter has a 165lb Newfoundland. He is about the size of a small cow. A stranger entering the home could be in danger of having his face licked off. 🤣 🤣 🤣
Love those Newfoundlands. When i was a young man we were swimming, and a friend brought his Nuffy to the Dam. As soon as the Nuffy got there he jumped in the water and grabbed my friend by the arm and dragged him the to shore.
They are bred to save fishermen at sea.