Dog down

1tonpower

I'm going to try and keep this as sort as I can. I just got this rifle at the end of December, a savage 110FCP in 300wm topped with a vortex HRS 6-24. I started working up a load for 215g Bergers last month. I found what works for me and the rifle. Starting them at 2930fps,10fps Es using H1000. Since then I've been working on the drop card.. i have hits on milk jugs at 450,580,932 and 972. Pleased with my results and confident on how it's shooting I decided to go out today and practice in the wind. As I got closer to my shooting area I stopped to check the wind speed,12-15 steady gusting to 20. then slowly started to drive up to the target area to set up. that's when I saw this guy at 200 yards down low between two hill. I shopped and he looked like he was going to run then just continued walked in his direction of travel. Dead away me.. by the time I got my k2000 out he was at around 300.. my rifle was safely tucked under my back seat, with the bipod on the floor... I managed to get the Harris attached and round loaded.. I ranged again.. 350 and still on the move... I lay down and give a whoop... scope was still on 6power:/
I crank it to 18 where and get back on him.. give a whoop!. he stopped and turns right, looking at me..I guess he's close to 400 now, I hold on his flank and send it.. boom. He jumps and turns 180* and runs... try's to any how.. I loose sight of him over a hill.. I standup in time to see him roll up... i then drive up to closer and got out with my little guy and lab to let her work then sent... needless to say I didn't get a chance to practices today..

2E4E207D-BC88-4B42-84E4-2C3BB95D56DD_zps4oulivmk.jpg

B4811925-49AB-4ED1-9FCE-C30146E90DEB_zpsuxgjute0.jpg

The next best thing was seeing his look of confusion in response to my excitement of contacting...he was sitting calmly in his seat wathing everything.. he'll be 4 in April.

898C0B53-F7DC-438A-AFB7-F817D8AC831C_zpswoet9abj.jpg

This is hard him a few weeks ago when I was shooting at the milk jugs.. he was in the truck watching.. he came up with this set up on his own.. makes you wonder what a 3 year old thinks about

A4123442-7898-44C1-9BDA-D6B587750166_zpsy6ycg6td.jpg

Nice work on the dog. Looks like your boy is having a good time!

Moyle Mink and Tannery in Heyburn, ID does a nice job on pelts but you need to be sure to flesh them and dry them properly. I don't believe they will accept green pelts.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.