Does anyone see a difference using different primers?

Yes, there is a difference that does not rely on shooting, barrels, components & other factors.

The academic stuff shows the Rem 7 1/2 has more blast, 2300 kilo pascals. As expected, these data also show Fed 215;s have more blast than comparable large rifle primers.

One example that became real obvious was the difference with charges of Staball 6.5 in the mid 40 grain amount with CCI 41's & Rem 7 1/2's.

Good results with the Rem 7 1/2's.

IMG_2034.JPG

Screenshot (715).png

I just quit with the CCI 41's & Staball 6.5, groups about 1.5 inches at 100 and 2 sets of groups at 300 about 6-8 inches apart, up & down.

The CCI 41's work real good with AA4350 & H4350.

IMG_1703.JPG

Sure looks like the Rem 7 1/2's are hotter than CCI 41's. Academic's data indicates Rem 7 1/2's are frisky primers, 2300 kilo pascals

Last edited:
If you want to delve into primer crush and how it changes the primer ignition, look into Primal Rights and their Competition Priming System.
I have one, but I am at a loss contributing my knowledge to this forum any longer.

Cheers.

I had a 308 load with Varget that grouped far tighter with cci BR 2s than it did with Federal 210m. Es and SD were better too. Standard Winchester primers have always been a bit hotter for me than BR2s or 210s.
Also, where I see a substantial difference in different primers is with 6.5 Grendel. Cci small rifle magnum primers produce more velocity than Federal 205s for me but the Federal primers groups are smaller and have much better ES and SD numbers In that particular load. Tighter stats make a huge difference when it come to long distance and vertical dispersion.