Does anyone make a STEEL 20 MOA sloped base for an AR-15?

mindcrime

I know that this is a STRANGE question, BUT, the left-over handle from my AR fits my CZ550.....the AR now wears THIS, BTW.

HERE'S THE PIC of it on my CZ Safari Mag from this thread at AR. If someone makes a STEEL 20 MOA "Picatinny" spec. one piece mount that would fit an AR, I could install it on the CZ and when converted to a .338 Kahn, I'd have a TRUE reach out there and touch something rifle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW, I contacted Badger Ordinance to ask them if they would consider building on with an integral recoil lug to fit the CZ550 and they apparantly steer clear of CZs:

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Jeffrey,

I am very familiar with the CZ rifles, I was the General Manager of CZ-USA for almost 4 years.

The reason we do not make a rail for the CZ 550 or the 527 is to make the mount fit correctly it needs to be very high to clear the bolt handle. You may notice that the rings from CZ seem a bit high especially for the stocks they supply them with.

When I was with CZ this was on ongoing problem and was discussed with the factory many times, a simple fix would be to reshape the handle but the factory was not willing to do this. We (CZ-USA) also contacted other companies to get them to make what you are looking for but they were not interested either.

Until they resolve this its really not a good idea.

Thanks you for your idea, sorry we cannot help.

"M."

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, the HEIGHT issue is pure B.S. If the handle clears the AR's handle, then it would have NO scope clearance issues. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Not to hijack this thread, but I have thought the C-more tactical would be fantastic for close in 'yote shooting and 3 gun competition.
How do you like the C-more?

You might check into having a machine shop or a gunsmith make a one piece scope mount w/ 20 moa cant to it. 4ked Horn had his scope mount made at Hollands Gunsmithing with the cant he wanted for less than what you would pay for a Badger base + rings (granted his is made from aluminum, but it would take somethin serious to mess it up).

[ QUOTE ]
Not to hijack this thread, but I have thought the C-more tactical would be fantastic for close in 'yote shooting.
How do you like the C-more?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the EXACT reason that I bought the C-More in the first place!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I'd rather hunt coyotes than deer!!! Seriously!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I have a 4 MOA dot, and with it turned on a lower setting, I can keep a full magazine of 20 rounds in a piepan at 200 yards, even considering that the dot covers 8 inches at that range. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif At longer ranges, the "irons" would probably work better. If you choose to purchase one, the C-More Indicator Lever is a needed addition to help with quick power adjustments. The only problem with this product is that it is too tall---it "almost" gets in the way with the dot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif If you look in the pic, you can see a "slope" at the bottom. All you need to do is use some sandpaper on a flat surface and sand it down to where there is NO slope or flare at the bottom anymore. It makes it perfect, and looks better too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I don't have the "Module Hood" as they didn't offer them at the time I ordered the knob (Lever) from Brownells, SO, if you choose to go this route as well give me some feedback on the "Hood."

JFYI, Mine also wears a Vandenburg muzzle break (Recoil is VERY FLAT and almost "NIL!") and a DPMS vented, free-floating tubular handguard, with the sling swivel moved to the handguard and off the barrel to relieve all barrel tension. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif 1/9" Twist, BTW.

Idaho won't let us use any electronics on a rifle for any type of hunting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.
But for 3-gun comp, I'd bet the C-More would be FAST!

There are too many toys there at Arredondo Accessories...

So many toys, so little cash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Idaho won't let us use any electronics on a rifle for any type of hunting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.
But for 3-gun comp, I'd bet the C-More would be FAST! <font color="red">&gt;&gt;&gt;You'd LOVE IT, it's a BLAST!!! Coyotes hate me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif &lt;&lt;&lt; </font>

There are too many toys there at Arredondo Accessories...

So many toys, so little cash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif <font color="red"> &gt;&gt;&gt;No Kidding!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif &lt;&lt;&lt; </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple solution: Burris Sig rings with inserts. The 1" rings will give you up to 30min (some go 40 but I think that stresses the rings). The 30mm rings go 20min.

Install on any weaver/pic base, solid steel and hold like crazy (if installed properly). Problem solved.

Jerry

[ QUOTE ]
Simple solution: Burris Sig rings with inserts. The 1" rings will give you up to 30min (some go 40 but I think that stresses the rings). The 30mm rings go 20min.

Install on any weaver/pic base, solid steel and hold like crazy (if installed properly). Problem solved.

Jerry

[/ QUOTE ]

I have two sets of those rings actually, and LOVE THEM: one on my VZ-24 Mauser (.35 Whelen) in 10 MOA, and in 20 MOA on another Mauser that I am building into a 6mm-06 Ackley. While that is a great idea, I wonder how well they would fare on a rifle with HEAVY RECOIL!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.