Does anyone hunt with 22-250 anymore?

I have a Savage model 12 with the Boyd's thumb hole stock and stainless heavy varmint barrel. It is a beautiful rifle unlike all the cheap plastic crap rifles out there today. Shot it out and rebarreled with a Shilen. It shoots .25 moa. I stayed with a 12 twist and shoot 55 gr Noslers, 35.8 gr Varget. It's only used Prairie Dogs and coyotes. I stayed with the 22-250 because I have expensive Redding competition dies. 22-250 Ackley would be better. A 6mm has more recoil and they shoot out as fast as a 22-250.
Cool **** ain't cheap and cheap **** ain't cool.

My 22-250 has a 1X7.5 twist barrel, I'm running 75gr Hornady ELDM and HPBT at just over 3200fps and can go to 1000 yards with no problem (except high wind). Also have a good load for 55gr bullets but really like the 75's. Longest shot on coyote so far is 610 yards, just haven't had any chances farther than that.
My .22-250 was set up almost exactly like that. As you said, easily shoot to 1k, and no recoil... Super, super accurate. What's not to like?!

I've loved the 22-250 for years. Only one right now but over the years have owned just about as many 22-250's and 222's as all the other rifles combined. I may do a custom, the one thing I would do is put a faster twist to extend the range out. Also have done 22-250AI, another great chambering.

I have and love my SAKO Forester, shoot chucks at distance often. Probably the longest one was around 375, it shoots so flat and it's a nail driver for sure, great round and it's always ready.

22-250 is a great round, I had one for a few years, then went with a 22-250 AI. I've been shooting the 88 gr ELDM and it works great on p-dogs and chucks, as well as coyotes and deer.
What twist are you running? I was thinking a 1-8" but wondering if 1-7" would be better for 88 ELDM's. TIA

Love that caliber. Got a WIn M70 and a Ruger M77. Just wished I did my homework before I bought them and had a faster twist. Both 14 twist.
I also have the Ruger 77 (tang safety) in 22-250 varmint. Would like to take shoot PD's again, but I have not seen any ammo in a couple of years. I have some stocked up, but would need to reload a bunch more for a PD trip. The 1 in 14 twist has not been an issue for me, but I have not tried shooting the higher weight bullets.

I had a beautifully stocked 22:250 that shot lights out… When I discovered an equally beautifully stocked Mauser action, Shilen barreled 220 Swift, I passed the 22:250 on to my son to help enlarge his developing collection. It joined the custom 30:06 and the tricked out 10:22. That way the appreciation stays in the family.

Recent Posts