Does anyone else on here use the 338-378 Weatherby?

I have three Accumarks. Two shoot well under MOA and I haven't got to shoot the new one yet. The triggers on the first two dialed right in at 15 ounces and the new one came in at 20 ounces. To my finger I can't feel the difference they are so crisp. I don't have a need for the 338-378 so my biggest one is in 300Wby. Other than my Weatherby's I also like Ruger's new or old.

[ QUOTE ]
I just wonder how far these guys on here drag these 20 pound guns they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should mention that. I just got back from a hunt where I hefted my 20 pound gun over 3 miles <font color="blue">with no sling! It doesn't even have swivel studs! </font> But it paid off on a long range desert bighorn. Full story later. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I went on a hunt where we shot three caribou.My hunting buddy carried my 338-378,my 454 and a bunch of other stuff.I carried 235 pounds of pure meat in my backpack.I will never shoot more than one at a time again.I hunted today with my 338 with a 26"barrel thats the first time in a long time I wished for a shorter gun.I dont mind longer barrels while hunting the tundra or wide open.I bet if you dragged that 20 pound rifle through the willow thickets and muskeg you would be ready to chunk it.I have sunk in what felt like quick sand up here and about never got out.I think 20 pounds is way too muck to tote.I can handle 10 pounds or less but not much more.I carried my 14 pound h&amp;K 91 once that sucked.I also stopped bringing my 4 pound pistol.If I could fill my gunstock with hellium I would to make it lighter.Thats why I like my accumarks but if I go in a boat I usually take my Ruger Stainless 338s.Alaska is hell on guns.I watched a guy cry once because his fancy stocked gun was scratched to pieces and the stock was warped from rain.I started attaching my gun with a rope when I snowshoe in deep snow.I have almost lost a gun twice in the deep snow.It took an hour once to find my shotgun.I think these accumark weatherbys are very hard to beat.They are accurate,light weight for the caliber,the recoil for the 338-378 with the brake is like a 270 to me,I like their triggers,the finish is pretty durable and they are awesome looking guns and I got both of them for $1000 bucks.Its hard to find a better rifle for the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.