Do You Shoot Rifle Competition?

Do You Shoot Rifle Competition?

• YES

Votes: 661 35.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1,226 65.0%

• Total voters
I will be starting my long range shooting education in the minor leagues. I have been reading about Small Bore Silhouette, I will be shooting at 45, 66, 84, and 109 yards. I will be using a Savage Mark II GL; I am right handed but left eye dominant, hence the left handed rifle. As far as scopes, I am thinking Mueller 4.5-14x40 AO with mil dot.

Good for you! A .22 can be used to learn and practice many of the fundamentals of marksmanship.

All that's missing is the recoil & muzzle blast. I do a lot of shooting with my .22's - for good reason.

Regards, Guy

In Hunter you shoot for score. There is a 1/16th dot on the 100 yard target that is the "X" and that is what you try to hit. The 10 ring is 1/2". Best score is 50-5X. I will take those over groups. Anyway, these guns do group, just is not object.
Top_bmp.jpg

Top-1_bmp.jpg

No, but I plan to. I live in NJ, so there's not a lot close to me lol. I plan on attending some tactical shoots with my .308 this summer though.

Sniper,
Thanks for the comment, but you lost my meaning. I showed two targets, one to show how big the X is compared to a 30 cal hole and one with a group. Targets are officially scored and have 6 bulls. I just showed the single sighter bull. You can shoot as many as you want in that box. Other boxes are one single shot.

Mike

No i don't but would love to get into 3 gun competition but sadly CO. is the closest around me to do so. my local gun range is heavy into cowboy action shooting, but none of my guns will work for that type of competition.