Do you plan to buy a new custom rifle?

Do you plan to buy a new custom rifle in the next 12 months?

• YES - Of course

Votes: 2,019 72.8%
  • NO - wife/girlfriend won't let me.

Votes: 755 27.2%

• Total voters
I have one in the works should get it round april. 6 mm Dasher using a Stiller Viper stainless action. 8 twist Lilja custom taper 1350 to 1.23 @ 28" ST 1000FB Tracker.

Eventually, yes. Definitely within a few years, but with 2 deployments and a second child on the way and some remodeling we want to do on the house to accommodate the second child, it's on the wishlist for now.

Yep, I'm in, as long as you count "semi-custom's" in the not factory category....
I'm having my Winchester Model-70 long action squared, & trued, chambering in 300wsm, screwing on a 26"Hart #4, fluted, 10 twist with a mini muscle brake. Bottom metal, new stock, bedded, Cera-kote....
That's kinda custom isn't it? I mean, I don't have a BAT, Surgeon, Raptor, or Stiller "custom" action, but the rest is custom.
I can hardly wait till its done!!!
Gotta say thanks to "shortgrass" here on LRH, (AKA Ted Berg, of Teds custom shop)
Ted is a pretty cool guy. (& Very patient with a first timer in the semi-custom gun world).

what if my answer is "maybe"? I would love to buy a new custom rifle, but after getting the new stock, new trigger, and, hopefully next winter, new barrel, my Savage will be a custom rifle. Now there is my hope to, in the next few years, have Kevin Rayhill make me a custom 270wsm or 300 wsm custom elk gun...if my wife doesn't find out

I just finished building a 7mm Tactical Rifle and I am waiting for it to get warm enough to not freeze my fingers while I go through the shoot and clean break-in procedure. It's still below freezing here at night. I used a FN Patrol rifle (Model 70) action, a McMillan A-5 stock, a 28", 8½ twist Bartlein barrel and an Extreme Systems trigger. I mounted a NF 5.5-22X scope with the NP-R2 reticle. My cartridge is a .284 that I pushed the shoulder down to get a .400" long neck. changed the shoulder to 40º and straightened the body out to a 10º taper. I am hoping it transfers well to this new gun. I shoot 180 gr. JLK's at 2960 f/s. in my 30" F-class gun.

no i wish but i will be doing some work on my other rifles getting them ready for the alaskan hunting year black bears first then caribou and then guide for moose brown bear and black bears