Votes: 1,851 58.7%
  • NO

Votes: 927 29.4%
  • I am planning to get one

Votes: 373 11.8%

• Total voters
DPMS 24"
DPMS24Bull-1.jpg

Partial (and only) view of my Bushmaster 16" post ban I took to show my brother my red dot co-witness set up. Cheap Bushnell but works well.
postbanflashhider2.jpg

I was surprised to see so many people that have out number those who don't considering this is a Long Range forum. I own two semi's one is a 22 Thompson American classic and a Garand.

I own three currently,and have built at least a dozen or more,mainly for friends.Next project will be a large bore thumper,either a 458 SOCOM,450 BM,or 50 Beowulf...........

Attachments

• 72539_1385231364043_1629785018_862535_5024735_n.jpg
    72539_1385231364043_1629785018_862535_5024735_n.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 26
I own an older Bushy HBAR in the A2 configuration chambered in the diminutive 5.56. I know it's a pipsqueak but the lower gives me a platform to branch out with. I think I might have a 25 WSSM in my future. Love them 25 calibers.

I answered yes, but actually I own an AR pattern in .260 built on an LR-308 platform.

So far I'm pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• AR260.jpg
    AR260.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 24
  • AR260300yds.jpg
    AR260300yds.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 30
That is a beautiful set up, I have one in .260 Rem also. What do you feed it?
Believe it or not it just shoots the hell out of Grizzly Custom loaded with 130gr Scirocco's and Federal Fusions LOL

The pictured target is a 300yds target, 3, 3 shot groups at 300yds. Wind was only about 5% value straight on into my face. It was shot with the Sciroccos.

I've got quite a bit in it, but I literally bought it one piece at a time and put it together with the help of a friend over the course of a couple of years.

Kind of a poor boy special and I got very lucky that it all came together so well.

Scope is an IOR 4-14x50 30mm Tube that I bought used over at Sniper's hide and got I Think, a pretty good bargain on it at 750.00). Bought the upper over there new and unfired but it had some serious issues and I did a lot of work on it and added the gator grip and some of the internals.

It's made a couple of good shots on deer and one coyote that I was pretty proud of. He was moving quarting away at about 600yds and I put it right between his shoulder blades.

Getting the first few kills on a new rig is always something pretty special for me. Since this is the first one I'd seriously put a lot of work and thought into it was really gravy.

It is a very nice set up. I like The Valdada products, excellent! My .260 is a straight forward DPMS 24" heavy barrel. Your rifle inspires me to modify!
If you are on Face Book, we have a AR group going, builders and owners, where ideas and builds are posted and admired.. It isn't a public group so as to keep the less enthusiastic out.. I am sure a lot of the guys there would love to see your rifle!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/212500482191432/

Last edited:
It is a very nice set up. I like The Valdada products, excellent! My .260 is a straight forward DPMS 24" heavy barrel. Your rifle inspires me to modify!
If you are on Face Book, we have a AR group going, builders and owners, where ideas and builds are posted and admired.. It isn't a public group so as to keep the less enthusiastic out.. I am sure a lot of the guys there would love to see your rifle!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/212500482191432/
Thanks, but I dont' do face book. Feel free though to post it over there if you like. The bbl is a Krieger ultra match 24". If/when I build another upper instead of the 24" full bull I'll probably turn it down to .750 and have it fluted and keep the length between 20-22". This one works just fine but it's a little less than practical to carry hunting. Great for a LR set up however.

The APEX Gator Grip is fantastic. Light weight, very strong and the unique design give you exactly what you need for attaching extras but still very comfortable as a fore grip.

Good looking rig Wild!!! :D:D
Thanks. I'm going to do a little more work on it and cerakote it in the near future so I can put a similar camouflage on it to my Rem 700 7mm STW but I've got a few other projects to finish first.

I may even gamble on turning down the last foot to .750 and have it fluted for a little bit of weight savings. My smith is pretty sure he can do it and not hurt the accuracy any... . Hell I'll gamble on just about anything once.. .gun)

I'll cerakote the whole thing sand, and then add the carcoal and mud brown with Krylon and a camo net.

Last edited: