do you benchrest shoot with a magnum light rifle?

thanks again guys. Im very open to everyones opinion,thats why I take everything with a grain of salt.

Im not a bench rest shooter by far but enjoy it. In fact I don't live near a real range. My range is my back yard with my jeep hood being my table over looking a field.

I find a bi-pod usefull and can go either way. with or without it. I never heard of being a sniper wannabe item...I think everyone i know with a bolt gun uses a bipod even when carrying it in the field hunting. bench or not its usefull to some.

Now i think MOLLE gear is saying sniper wannabe to me over a bipod. I have MOLLE pouches and a backpack....I just wanna fit in:D

I do a lot of benchrest shooting with a 358 Norma mag. and noticed a HUGE improvement in group size after getting one of Kirby's painkillers on it. It allowed me to shoot a lot more in an afternoon without feeling any ill effects the next day. I can now shoot 60 plus rounds with no problems and have brought my 200m groups down to less than what my 100m groups were before putting the brake on. I use a bipod and no rear bag as I am not shooting at annimals far enough away (yet:)) to have need or time for one. 340 yards is my furthest kill with this gun, am practicing a lot with my 338 Lapua to get way out there, 373 is my furthest with that one so far. The brake doesnt in itself make the gun work better it's more a case of me doing everything better when I know that there is no shoulder crunching tooth rattling wallop everytime I squeeze one off. The Norma weighs in at just under 9 lbs. with full magazine and scope on it and I am shooting a fairly stout load.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.