Distance to lands, how close is too close?

I don't like to go tighter than 20 thou. or so. a bit of crud on a round might give you issues with either closing the bolt or pulling a pill if you get too tight.
To those worrying about falling in and out of node with a slight jump change; find another bullet if that's happening. I've popped critters at 800 yards offhand with a 7rum jumping a cool 1/2". I'm running 120 thou. on my current 7rum with 175 eld-x
Your absolutely correct. I find that Barnes is very accurate while being further off the lands then one would expect.

Since the thread has went here, I'll ask the question.
In y'all's experience,
When running a projectile waaay off lands, does 10 thou or 50 thou change in seating depth normally make a huge difference like it does when running close or touching.

Since the thread has went here, I'll ask the question.
In y'all's experience,
When running a projectile waaay off lands, does 10 thou or 50 thou change in seating depth normally make a huge difference like it does when running close or touching.
Way off has less effect/affect than just touching or off the lands.

~50thou change in seating depth can always make a difference. ~50thou change in land relationship might not (if far to begin with).
I think that's what you're wondering about. Just wanted to clear up that seating depth in necks, and distance to lands, are different animals.
If you find a good shooting CBTO that puts you ~100thou off the lands (OTL), then 50thou land erosion down the road probably won't hurt anything. But if you run with and rely on a close or touching land relationship, then 50thou land erosion could quickly mess up your powder load.