Dissapointment In The First Degree

I try not to get to worked up about things like this. In this case, I just smile knowing POP has shot game at ranges far enough that there are tons, upon tons of "hunters" who feel exactly the same way about him.

500 yds? You call that "hunting?" What's wrong, couldn't get closer? Sounds like shooting to me!

Glass houses are a bitch.

POP the very information that you claim to crave would not exist if not for this site (As well as others like it) and the people here,yet you thrash them.You don't simply state your opion you thrash.You could state your distance max for you and no one would bat an eye.The (if you don't see things my way) I will thrash you not just disagree is the problem that you fail to understand.Are you of Dual personality?

I am PROUD to be a member of Long Range Hunting and I have learned a ton here and have met some of the best people that I have ever met here.Some I have met face to face,others only through the netand still others that I email and exchange phone numbers.They were kind enough to talk me through learning curves and for this I am GRATEFULL.I find it hard to understand what POP did.

[ QUOTE ]
I am PROUD to be a member of Long Range Hunting and I have learned a ton here and have met some of the best people that I have ever met here.Some I have met face to face,others only through the netand still others that I email and exchange phone numbers.They were kind enough to talk me through learning curves and for this I am GRATEFULL.I find it hard to understand what POP did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you taking this so personally. We just differ in ideology as far as big game hunting go. However if it makes you feel better I will seek some therapy. Man oh man!

[ QUOTE ]
Ok decision was made last week. In less than a year I will retire from the USAf and my final destination will be Crete greece. For those who do not know---no rifles or pistols allowed there. So EVERYTHING must go.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have earned the right to your opinion and to speak your opinion.

Hope you enjoy Greece.

While I dont think it was right for Pop to use GGs thread as an example to his hunting beliefs,I can still respect Pops beliefs for what they are,a self imposed limit and respect for animals.I have no doubt in my mind that GG has the same beliefs based on his experience and capabilities.I dont think bashing this site or GG was Pops intent but a better manner in which to convey his beliefs could have been employed.

[ QUOTE ]
While I dont think it was right for Pop to use GGs thread as an example to his hunting beliefs,I can still respect Pops beliefs for what they are,a self imposed limit and respect for animals.I have no doubt in my mind that GG has the same beliefs based on his experience and capabilities.I dont think bashing this site or GG was Pops intent but a better manner in which to convey his beliefs could have been employed.

[/ QUOTE ]

God Bless you!

Finally someone understands! My intend was never to bash anyone. That is not in my character. If that was my intend and I got "busted" doing it what the heck am I still doing here? I would have tucked tail and ran! But I actually like this place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey POP what is the max range that we may shoot game without gringing your rath down upon us?

Well I think that Sierra Match Kings are perfectly fine for shooting game , target bullets work great 99% of the time

Oh wait this post goes to some other pointless arguement

I shoot game at long range with a highpower rifle , I shoot game at very close range with a Longbow and I even have a couple bulldogs that I use to catch pigs (live) so what band wagon do I jump on?

furthermore who cares /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

You can hate the people who "snipe" stuff from treestands at 40 yds with big rifles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Them cheetin' bastids! No "fair chance of escape!" All you need is a barrel, some water and some fish!

And so it goes. And so it always will.

I can see why so many people are upset, but sometimes we as a society can get a little worked up over the slightest of things. Just because someone believes something is morally wrong the only thing that person should do is NOT do what they think is wrong, not to look down upon those that do. We generally choose to impose our will and beliefs upon those who haven't asked for it. If you don't believe in what other people do, you have no right to impose your will on them unless what they do is inflicting injury upon another person.
Period.

Every person' has their personal distance limit and has to live with that knowledge. Exceptionally talented individuals such as GG and Mr.Bill know their limits and have good reason to base those limits on. I only wish I had the time to devote to LRH and could become as great a shot as many here. Please don't judge me or my friends here, we mean no harm to anyone. And please, don't argue with people who judge us for our passion. If they can't be reasoned with, just tell yourself their just jealous and go on- It's easier that way.

BTW I can't wait to unethically kill a pdog at 1500y this year with a 300g trashking ...pics will be posted when I return from my trip.

Pop I think you might be missing another point. For some of us we have done the sneak to 100 yards thing been there and done that. Some of us are looking for a bigger challenge. I mean who cannot sneak within 100 yards of any game animal when there is some sort of cover? I have shot more deer then I can even remember under 10 yards. That is from 18 years of bow hunting. I bow hunt because its a challenge. I shoot long range like most others on here because its a challenge. You still have to hunt even if the shots are long. You still need to know how to find game. I also take the shots as they come. If a 150 B&C Buck walks out at 100 yards I am not going to pass on him because he is to close. At the same time when he is standing out there at 700 yards giving me the Hoof and the conditions are right I want to be able to bag him.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.