Disappointed in non-resident hunters

Amen!

I've hunted a few western states, and assuming a few out of state hunters are a bigger issue than resident morons is laughable. One more divide and conquer strategy that has allowed states like Washington to effectively mismanage it's resources.

By all means though keep at it until there is nothing left for anybody.
The fact that you've hunted a few western states I guess in your mind makes you an authority on what is happening in MT and other western states as far as the influx of out of staters. Your assumption that it is only a few as well as the residents being " morons " only proves my point to Mike Matteson who gave you a thumbs up on your comment. That is exactly the kind of attitude that people of the states that you visit or move to take offense. You bring your sense of entitlement, your assumption that you are more intelligent, that we are morons and treat us like second class citizens. But then you, Matteson and others wonder when people that have grown up here and lived here all of their lives or the majority of it cringe when they see a California, Washington or other out of state plate come into a hunting area that they are hunting. You show no respect for the Montanans or whatever state residents you happen to come across. As far as Mattesons comment on getting off the soapbox my reply would be that is a pretty typical response coming from someone who is part of the problem in addition to coming from California. Your sense of entitlement and expectation that the residents should just take this lying down and get over it just implies that you really don't care what is happening in the state. Don't think for one minute that you wont get pushback from us when we see our state being trashed by the influx of out of staters that show no respect for us and the land we love. My 60 + yrs. of living in this state and seeing what is happening to it tells me one thing for sure - You can take a guy out of Cali, but you will NEVER Take the Cali out of the guy !! There is a reason that Bozeman has earned the Moniker Bozeangelas and its not good.

Mmmmm. Hunters attacking hunters...? Just what the anti's and leftist want to see.
If we don't police ourselves and speak up about non ethical behavior amongst the slob hunters that are out there then I think we are playing right into the hands of the anti's and leftists that are moving here in droves. If you are willing to look the other way and not call it for what it is then you are part of the problem. Every time some goon out there pulls some unethical B.S. and the liberal media gets ahold of it then we are all labeled as slob hunters which we are not. We are seeing the loss of hunting priveleges on lands here in this state due to slob hunters doing things like shooting animals and leaving them lay to rot because they were herd shooting or some have the heads removed and the rest is left to rot. Gates are left open that should be closed or vice versa, Guys shooting game on private property and cutting fences to retrieve their game, landowners that used to allow access across their property to Public lands are now shutting that access off due to the slob mentality of not following a few simple rules while they are on the private access roads. No Sir that behavior needs to be called out if we want to continue to do what we love and not be labeled as we are now by mainstream media and the anti's and leftists. Why would we want to give them more fuel for their fire ? The Slobs that are pulling this B.S. need to have their feet held to the fire by the ones they are disrespecting- that being us - the respectable hunting community.

The fact that you've hunted a few western states I guess in your mind makes you an authority on what is happening in MT and other western states as far as the influx of out of staters. Your assumption that it is only a few as well as the residents being " morons " only proves my point to Mike Matteson who gave you a thumbs up on your comment. That is exactly the kind of attitude that people of the states that you visit or move to take offense. You bring your sense of entitlement, your assumption that you are more intelligent, that we are morons and treat us like second class citizens. But then you, Matteson and others wonder when people that have grown up here and lived here all of their lives or the majority of it cringe when they see a California, Washington or other out of state plate come into a hunting area that they are hunting. You show no respect for the Montanans or whatever state residents you happen to come across. As far as Mattesons comment on getting off the soapbox my reply would be that is a pretty typical response coming from someone who is part of the problem in addition to coming from California. Your sense of entitlement and expectation that the residents should just take this lying down and get over it just implies that you really don't care what is happening in the state. Don't think for one minute that you wont get pushback from us when we see our state being trashed by the influx of out of staters that show no respect for us and the land we love. My 60 + yrs. of living in this state and seeing what is happening to it tells me one thing for sure - You can take a guy out of Cali, but you will NEVER Take the Cali out of the guy !! There is a reason that Bozeman has earned the Moniker Bozeangelas and its not good.
I find that is a type answer with people that walk around with his head in the sand. In my 73+ years a US citizen. That allows me to move where I want and how I want. Being the age you stated, You probable didn't server any time in the Arm Forces either. What have you built here in Montana? I for one was a draftee and severed in the fields of Vietnam for a year as a combat medic, wounded once in action. Holder of a Bronze Star, Purple Heart, 17 Air metals, 4 Army arco with 2 with with V devise for valor, A presidential unit citation during the time I was there, not to mention Holder of a combat Medic Badge, paratrooper Jump wings, and Crew member flight wings for flying Dustoff. I didn't want to go there, but that what this country said I had to do. I didn't cut and run either. I sent 30 years on a Water Board of Directors, and 8 years on a volunteer fire department and left as senior Captain when it when paid, because I didn't do it for pay, but for service back to the town I lived in. Join the NRA in 1970 after getting out of the Army and Presently a Patriot Life Member Benefactor level. I kind of feel that I have paid my dues, and still paying them even today. I am saying that people have the right go where they want, and again you feel because you have lived there for a great many years you think you have more right than somebody else. Who's acting like a moron? I have seem in staters and out of staters act like moron's. I just state what I see or seem over the years. My family live in Murrieta Cal from 1910 going forward, and some of kin were there in 1885. I didn't use the G.I bill either. I did get through High School. I worked hard saved and invested using Capitalisms to get where I am at today. If you own it than you can keep people off it, but if it's state of federal lands, you can't and that a fact of life.

The fact that you've hunted a few western states I guess in your mind makes you an authority on what is happening in MT and other western states as far as the influx of out of staters. Your assumption that it is only a few as well as the residents being " morons " only proves my point to Mike Matteson who gave you a thumbs up on your comment. That is exactly the kind of attitude that people of the states that you visit or move to take offense. You bring your sense of entitlement, your assumption that you are more intelligent, that we are morons and treat us like second class citizens. But then you, Matteson and others wonder when people that have grown up here and lived here all of their lives or the majority of it cringe when they see a California, Washington or other out of state plate come into a hunting area that they are hunting. You show no respect for the Montanans or whatever state residents you happen to come across. As far as Mattesons comment on getting off the soapbox my reply would be that is a pretty typical response coming from someone who is part of the problem in addition to coming from California. Your sense of entitlement and expectation that the residents should just take this lying down and get over it just implies that you really don't care what is happening in the state. Don't think for one minute that you wont get pushback from us when we see our state being trashed by the influx of out of staters that show no respect for us and the land we love. My 60 + yrs. of living in this state and seeing what is happening to it tells me one thing for sure - You can take a guy out of Cali, but you will NEVER Take the Cali out of the guy !! There is a reason that Bozeman has earned the Moniker Bozeangelas and its not g

The title of this forum is Disappointed in Non Resident Hunters right ? We are being flooded w/ Non -Resident Hunters in MT. in addition to that we are being flooded with out of state hunters that are moving here permanently, so now they can call themselves residents. Having said that, goldengun you are probably right because they brought their B.S. with them when they moved here. My guess is dogZ would fall in that category. If it weren't an issue then we wouldn't be on page 15 of this topic would we ?
Just saying all states get the same thing, IMO. That's probably their way of saying screw you MT for charging so much to hunt on federal "public" lands. Heck, moving west or to Alaska is the only way we can afford to hunt western species. I've been wanting to do it for years just for that reason. When you live in places that don't have adequate game or land access and your not wealthy what options do you have? MT is still a part of the USA, and all Americans should have reasonable access to her. I understand the frustration, but you've got something people want, and frankly, they have the same right to it, as you do. Count your blessings you live in MT, because a lot of us would happily trade places with you.

The fact that you've hunted a few western states I guess in your mind makes you an authority on what is happening in MT and other western states as far as the influx of out of staters........Your assumption that it is only a few as well as the residents being " morons " only proves my point to Mike Matteson who gave you a thumbs up on your comment. That is exactly the kind of attitude that people of the states that you visit or move to take offense. You bring your sense of entitlement, your assumption that you are more intelligent, that we are morons and treat us like second class citizens. But then you, Matteson and others wonder when people that have grown up here and lived here all of their lives or the majority of it cringe when they see a California, Washington or other out of state plate come into a hunting area that they are hunting. You show no respect for the Montanans or whatever state residents you happen to come across. As far as Mattesons comment on getting off the soapbox my reply would be that is a pretty typical response coming from someone who is part of the problem in addition to coming from California. Your sense of entitlement and expectation that the residents should just take this lying down and get over it just implies that you really don't care what is happening in the state. Don't think for one minute that you wont get pushback from us when we see our state being trashed by the influx of out of staters that show no respect for us and the land we love. My 60 + yrs. of living in this state and seeing what is happening to it tells me one thing for sure - You can take a guy out of Cali, but you will NEVER Take the Cali out of the guy !! There is a reason that Bozeman has earned the Moniker Bozeangelas and its not good.
1) Authority? Certainly enough experiences to have at least as valid an opinion as yours.
2) We're talking resident slob hunters VS non resident slob hunters, both are morons. if you choose that to be inclusive, well if the shoe fits.
3) I've made lasting friends in those states, and a couple of provinces it wasn't by treating them poorly.
4) Once a slob gains residence, he is by definition a resident hunter, you'll need to take that up with your state officials.
5) Your entire rant is nothing, but entitlement, what you feel entitled to based on the arbitrary location you were born.
6) At the very least it's a numbers game, that many more resident hunters, means more resident slobs, than non-resident.
7) I doubt you've convinced anyone to not hunt, or move to Montana in spite of your threat to "pushback".
8) Play victim on someone else's time, I'm done with it last words yours.

I find that is a type answer with people that walk around with his head in the sand. In my 73+ years a US citizen. That allows me to move where I want and how I want. Being the age you stated, You probable didn't server any time in the Arm Forces either. What have you built here in Montana? I for one was a draftee and severed in the fields of Vietnam for a year as a combat medic, wounded once in action. Holder of a Bronze Star, Purple Heart, 17 Air metals, 4 Army arco with 2 with with V devise for valor, A presidential unit citation during the time I was there, not to mention Holder of a combat Medic Badge, paratrooper Jump wings, and Crew member flight wings for flying Dustoff. I didn't want to go there, but that what this country said I had to do. I didn't cut and run either. I sent 30 years on a Water Board of Directors, and 8 years on a volunteer fire department and left as senior Captain when it when paid, because I didn't do it for pay, but for service back to the town I lived in. Join the NRA in 1970 after getting out of the Army and Presently a Patriot Life Member Benefactor level. I kind of feel that I have paid my dues, and still paying them even today. I am saying that people have the right go where they want, and again you feel because you have lived there for a great many years you think you have more right than somebody else. Who's acting like a moron? I have seem in staters and out of staters act like moron's. I just state what I see or seem over the years. My family live in Murrieta Cal from 1910 going forward, and some of kin were there in 1885. I didn't use the G.I bill either. I did get through High School. I worked hard saved and invested using Capitalisms to get where I am at today. If you own it than you can keep people off it, but if it's state of federal lands, you can't and that a fact of life.
I thank you for your service and for the sacrifices you and your Brothers made for us to live the lives that we can enjoy today. Having said that, when someone calls us resident morons and you chime in on it with a thumbs up then I and other resident morons take offense at that. If you are offended by that then so be it. If you have been here since 08' then you have seen the changes in this state brought on by the influx of non - residents moving here - more bad than good. I have been seeing them since the 1970's when the first big push of mostly Californians started. I have had many dealings with them over the years both personally and in business. By far and large of all the out of state clients that I have had dealings with, the Cali people have been the worst, an opinion shared by others in this state, not just me. Again, I commend you for your service and appreciate you sharing your background. But like you I am just stating what I have seen and am seeing in this state. When a topic like " Disappointed in Non Resident Hunters " comes up and I comment on what I and others have witnessed in the state with the influx of out of staters and you take offense at that then so be it. Like I said earlier, if your expectation is that us that have lived here all or the majority of our lives are going to lie down and take it then that is an unrealistic expectation. If I ever run across you I will be the first to shake your hand and thank you for your service if there is any way I could know you are a Veteran, I do it to every one I run across whether it be a hat you might be wearing, veterans license plates or maybe a shirt or jacket you might be wearing and I have taught my son and daughter to do the same and they enjoy doing it as much as I do. So I guess we will agree to disagree on this talking point. Thanks to guys like you and others who have served this country we have the liberty of expressing our opinions whether we can agree on them or not.

The same I don't like being called a moron. I have hunted Montana from 2000 going forward. Most of it by Bow. Looking for B & C animals, and passed up a many of animals in the quest. I was against the wolves from the start, and still even now. I have watch the moose disappear over those years and elk too. I feel that the moose are in real trouble here in MT. I have watched California grow from about 6 million to 36 million. Watch Mex-ilfornia go from middle to far left, all they did was create more laws, and more give-a-way programs. Now have for years I vote in Montana, and not for the left either. Now at 73 just going out to hunt is great thing, and I don't really care if I get anything or not. Still looking for that B.C. animals. I treat people fairly, and respect there properties. I have many friends here in MT, and hunt by the rules. I still against the wolves and will remain that way until I die. I didn't move to MT to make more rules or laws either. All that does is create more cost. So I would like to see less rules. I will tell what I am for: Move wolves and Grizzles to California in their Sierra Mountain ranges from the Mexican border to Canada.

Nothing good has ever come out of California. Texas is turning into a giant shithole because of the escape of failed liberal ideology. They bring the cancer with them and inflict it on all they invade. Build the wall around California and stop the downfall of society.

Okay installment 2 of my opinions.. I have been reading lots of negativity here.
I have been in several states hunting, I have seen many people in state while out of state and in my home state hunting. there is no exclusivity to bad behavior. I have seen instate hunters be equally if not worse than visitors. I have seen visitors be hellish and disrespectful. I believe I have just about seen it all, but I know I have not. I have been in both positions. Visiting and Native out in the field. I have seen too many times both resident and non-resident take "sound shots". some of those shots came my way when a branch broke or a leaf wiggled from the wind. I've nearly died from a fellow hunters bullet errantly/neglegently coming my way. I am not sure anyone is immune from this.
I am not sure what to think about a lot of these complaints nor should I really care. I try to mentor each and every bad hunter I meet to be better and follow rules and use "common sense". I am not usually listened to but I still try.
I could complain a lot about the few fellow hunters I have run across and I could really demean the Departments of natural resources I have found to be detestable in my life. what is it going to do to fix them or make them better? the individual states have to clean up their acts and straighten up their rules and rule keepers.
As for the individual hunters; we should be the guides and show them how to be better.

As I see this thread has gone from hunting to politics and the bad choices the biologists and the gov have made. this was supposed to be a thread about one thing and had widened to an over all "us" versus "them". I happen to agree with about 99% of you. the California cancer/attitude has eroded many great states, including California, MY home state. I have lived in 6 states now. I loved each of them for what they had to offer. with California it was the abundant beauty of the land.. the people, the gov, the cancerous liberal attitude, and the overwhelming beratement of people like me and you all out there has made it impossible for hunters and outdoorsmen to even set foot in that communist land. And YES, that cancer is spreading. it's planned to spread b the communist heads of the communist party in Cali. and Washington DC/New York state. the state I currently live is suffering from "California proximity syndrome" the Calif. residents are fleeing the communist rule and then voting and acting if they were still there. bringing their communist attitude and voting to a formerly non-communits state. you should see the wasteland worth of bad laws that have beseaged this state of Nevada. our concealed carry laws used to be very good. now we are criminals if we have to defend ourselves. being treated as if you were a murderer just because you had to defend your life inside your house or whie out in public. what it was 10 years ago, is not what it is now. I have no use for the scourge of California Communists. I wish we could get the conservative Californians and not the dregs of California society.

1) Authority? Certainly enough experiences to have at least as valid an opinion as yours.
2) We're talking resident slob hunters VS non resident slob hunters, both are morons. if you choose that to be inclusive, well if the shoe fits.
3) I've made lasting friends in those states, and a couple of provinces it wasn't by treating them poorly.
4) Once a slob gains residence, he is by definition a resident hunter, you'll need to take that up with your state officials.
5) Your entire rant is nothing, but entitlement, what you feel entitled to based on the arbitrary location you were born.
6) At the very least it's a numbers game, that many more resident hunters, means more resident slobs, than non-resident.
7) I doubt you've convinced anyone to not hunt, or move to Montana in spite of your threat to "pushback".
8) Play victim on someone else's time, I'm done with it last words yours.
I will take you up on that last comment, then I will be done as well. The fact that you don't live here certainly would disqualify you as having knowledge about the changes in our state. In your reply to my post you didn't specify " resident moron slob hunters ", your statement described us as " resident moron hunters ". But I am sure you already know that so now your ****ing backwards on your original statement rather than owning up to it like a man. Your comment about a slob gaining residence only verifies what I stated earlier re: non - resident slob hunters and bringing their B.S. with them. As far as my comment being a rant then if it is I guess we are both guilty of it, Being the moron that you are, you have made the statement that I feel entitled because of the arbitrary location I was born in. Had you read my posts and paid any attention at all, I never claimed to be a "Native nor have I claimed to have been born here. I was born in Wyoming and Raised in Montana, I am 64 yrs. old and spent the last 60 of it in Mt. I do not claim to be a Native of Mt., like Dogz claims to be a"Native by Choice " I am a native of Wyoming and resident of MT and equally proud of both. You just keep digging your hole deeper by making assumptions to fit your narrative. As far as convince anyone to not hunt or move to Mt., I would be lying If I said I wish the influx wasn't happening, more people means more problems whether we are talking about crime, pollution, traffic issues, habitat loss, rude people, or outdoor issues like we are talking about here. As far as keeping people from coming here, I would be pretty naieve to think that would even be possible. In re: to playing victim, If speaking ones mind based on what I have witnessed happen not just in MT but other states as well based on comments posted from other concerned hunters, well then if it brings attention to the problem and we can start policing ourselves and hold the slob hunters accountable for their behavior, then that is working towards not being labeled in the same vein by the anti-hunters, leftist liberal media. Because in my mind the ethical, fair chase and responsible hunters out there are victims of the slob hunters no matter where they are from. 30 yrs ago hunting in this state was considered a wholesome outdoor activity to be enjoyed with family and freinds and if you got lucky or hunted hard enough you put some meat on the table. When I was in high school if I filled a tag and told other kids about it in school, they were all happy for me. Nowadays kids in school in towns like Missoula, Bozeman and Kalispell are chastised for being hunters and killers, it happened to my kids and their friends that hunted as well. That mentality did not come from the local populace that resided here all or most of their lives, it came from the liberal ant-hunters that moved here from elsewhere.

Okay installment 2 of my opinions.. I have been reading lots of negativity here.
I have been in several states hunting, I have seen many people in state while out of state and in my home state hunting. there is no exclusivity to bad behavior. I have seen instate hunters be equally if not worse than visitors. I have seen visitors be hellish and disrespectful. I believe I have just about seen it all, but I know I have not. I have been in both positions. Visiting and Native out in the field. I have seen too many times both resident and non-resident take "sound shots". some of those shots came my way when a branch broke or a leaf wiggled from the wind. I've nearly died from a fellow hunters bullet errantly/neglegently coming my way. I am not sure anyone is immune from this.
I am not sure what to think about a lot of these complaints nor should I really care. I try to mentor each and every bad hunter I meet to be better and follow rules and use "common sense". I am not usually listened to but I still try.
I could complain a lot about the few fellow hunters I have run across and I could really demean the Departments of natural resources I have found to be detestable in my life. what is it going to do to fix them or make them better? the individual states have to clean up their acts and straighten up their rules and rule keepers.
As for the individual hunters; we should be the guides and show them how to be better.

As I see this thread has gone from hunting to politics and the bad choices the biologists and the gov have made. this was supposed to be a thread about one thing and had widened to an over all "us" versus "them". I happen to agree with about 99% of you. the California cancer/attitude has eroded many great states, including California, MY home state. I have lived in 6 states now. I loved each of them for what they had to offer. with California it was the abundant beauty of the land.. the people, the gov, the cancerous liberal attitude, and the overwhelming beratement of people like me and you all out there has made it impossible for hunters and outdoorsmen to even set foot in that communist land. And YES, that cancer is spreading. it's planned to spread b the communist heads of the communist party in Cali. and Washington DC/New York state. the state I currently live is suffering from "California proximity syndrome" the Calif. residents are fleeing the communist rule and then voting and acting if they were still there. bringing their communist attitude and voting to a formerly non-communits state. you should see the wasteland worth of bad laws that have beseaged this state of Nevada. our concealed carry laws used to be very good. now we are criminals if we have to defend ourselves. being treated as if you were a murderer just because you had to defend your life inside your house or whie out in public. what it was 10 years ago, is not what it is now. I have no use for the scourge of California Communists. I wish we could get the conservative Californians and not the dregs of California society.
I think we are seeing more conservatives being driven out of the state of Cali in recent years. Mike Matteson would be a prime example. Even though he and I have not seen eye to eye on everything I would take as many of them like him as I could get and send the others back in trade. 10 of the liberals go back for every Mike we get. One can only wish.

I couldn't possibly read the entire thread without getting a headache but I did want to say one thing:

MIKE - THANK YOU FOR YOUR INCREDIBLE LEVEL OF SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY.

Not all of us that hunt in other states from California are bad. But I do agree that the majority of residents of the people's republik of Kalifornia are their own worst enemy. Those of us the desire to and are fortunate enough to flee the state - while a minority - are embarrassed to admit where we come from. It's definitely not something I declare In conversation. I'm about as anti-liberal as they come. I am disgusted at what has happened and is going on in this state. I have personally cleaned up other's trash, not only in CA, but in other states as well. Bad behavior is unacceptable, whoever does it. Respect for others, the land, the resources and the people in it appears to be dwindling, no matter where you are from. Personally, my current geographical location does not establish who I am. I for one, am thankful to enjoy the resources of the states in which many of you are fortunate to live.