Non-Res. Change in Idaho

The current system may as well be a draw, just a time consuming really crappy one where guys are logged in on 5 devices to get a better number or paying somebody to fly up there and get them a tag.

Even the playing field with an actual draw, IDFG makes more money with everybody having to have a license to apply. Right now 100k people with no skin in the game are online just seeing what number they get.

Allow group apps even if it's just 2 people.

No more getting a tag in December and then later applying in the draw for controlled hunts to try to upgrade the tag you already have while watering down odds for guys that don't already have a tag in their pocket! I have always felt this was completely stupid.

The current system may as well be a draw, just a time consuming really crappy one where guys are logged in on 5 devices to get a better number or paying somebody to fly up there and get them a tag.

Even the playing field with an actual draw, IDFG makes more money with everybody having to have a license to apply. Right now 100k people with no skin in the game are online just seeing what number they get.

Allow group apps even if it's just 2 people.

No more getting a tag in December and then later applying in the draw for controlled hunts to try to upgrade the tag you already have while watering down odds for guys that don't already have a tag in their pocket! I have always felt this was completely stupid.
100%

Agreed. I have no skin in this game currently, Idaho is on the list though. I would like to see states keep it reasonable for residents. The Hunting culture is ever changing. While the opportunities have gotten more abundant, the cost has risen significantly depending on your flavor. I have no problem fleecing NR within reason as it can keep the bs down for those not committed. I'm not saying 30 bucks is unreasonable. Everything is a balance. Our grand parents hunted to put food on the table 70 years ago and now it's 50k to shoot a sheep. As far as comparing the complaining elk hunter 338, agreed. I worked in a bankruptcy firm in my 20's. Half these jackoffs you see with toys don't have a pot to **** in really. It's all relative.
Just saw this man i wish sheep tags were 50k i just booked my stone fir 27 and dall for 28. The stone was far reach past 50 sadly i wish i wasnt focused so much on my career 15 years ago and went then

Better book it. I booked both at sheep show they are most booked out too 2028 soonest i could go without going to canada. And i got cancelled hunt for the stone which is why its even as soon as 2027. There going up 10k a year. Most the dalls will be in the 40's next year especially with the die offs in alaska last year.

Sheesh, good to know. Appreciate it. Definitely won't hold off on the comms then. It's the hunt I'm doing no matter what. Social status be damned, I'm going at least once.

🤣 🤣 🤣 I actually get side aches from laughing at the "its all about money" and "geez they are making it a rich mans sport" and I'm never going to get to hunt anymore" "all they care about is the money" and so on.. It's truly laughable!

Is Idaho's (or any other states for that matter) wildlife worth so little in the grand scheme of things (pricing) that people that don't live here and want to come and hunt MY deer and elk actually complain about a $350 deer tag? And have to put in for it like every other state demands? So in the end they can have a quality hunt experience with less over crowding??? ,,,, OMG say it isn't so Clark!!! ((the over crowding in Idaho is disgusting actually)))..

But yet in the same year after drawing that OVER PRICED $350 deer tag they role up in a $100k ford platinum F350 super duty, pulling a $100k 45 foot fifth wheel and unload a 30k+ jeep or UTV and still complain about the $350 tag they had to draw. GTFOH

DISCLAIMER .. the last bit was satire but yet isn't necessarily untrue .. I've seen it first hand. And you get my point!

If you want to play then pay. If you don't then don't worry bout it, simple.

I do want to play so I pay and I don't complain about out of state tag prices where i want to hunt, they are what they are i cant change it..
I don't hunt them very year and the ones I want to hunt I prioritize If not then wait a year or two or three. Its not hard to get points hunt else where etc.
Guess guys don't see what a resident pays in Arizona for a trophy tag lol..... I'd gladly pay 500 bucks to hunt elk.. I love hunting elk

Kasey