Idaho Rule Changes

Hopefully the rule changes will include a full refund for non resident hunters who become injured by an impaired driver several days prior to leaving for hunting. I've battled with the Idfg since the accident and jumped through every hoop including contact by my Dr. and my refund was peanuts comparatively.

Hopefully the rule changes will include a full refund for non resident hunters who become injured by an impaired driver several days prior to leaving for hunting. I've battled with the Idfg since the accident and jumped through every hoop including contact by my Dr. and my refund was peanuts comparatively.
Sorry to hear that. They use to be pretty good about it. I know there are a lot of variables to it.

I'm sure that they've heard every story in the book, but this was legit, I was literally t-boned 100yds from my house by a guy doing 50+ through a residential neighborhood. I will add that I'm far more grateful to be alive than not getting a refund.

Attachments

• IMG-1961.jpg
    IMG-1961.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 128
I did, and had the youth package for my 12 year old son. I did apply for a damage control doe tag after calling and confirming from Idfg that I could hunt bucks first and then use it for a last resort but apparently the fella I talked to didn't know the rules very well and even though I didn't exchange for the damage control tag I was shorted on my refund and didn't get anything back at all for my sons even though that was fairly cheap.

Since your son wasn't injured, they won't give a refund, only the person injured can get a refund. Sometimes on something like that it's better to ask for a rain check for next year, than a refund. I'm surprised you got anything back with a general tag, usually that doesn't happen.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.