Disappointed in non-resident hunters

Thanks for proving my point about the narcissistic attitude of the average American.

You guys are all upset that people don't follow the laws about fires but you have no problem with the idea of breaking the laws in regards to trespassing on private property.

This is what's wrong with most people today, as long as a law suites you it's a good law, but when it interferes with what you want to do then it's a bad law.

All these guys whining about the corner crossing laws never mention that all they have to do is ask for permission to cross the private land and most often they'll get permission if they had the gonads to ask.
That hasn't been my experience for the most part or others that I hunt with or hunters that I know. If that were true it wouldn't have resulted in busloads of hunters showing up at the capitol in Helena to try and get the law changed. Sorry, but I will have to disagree with you on this one.

What I don't understand is what's the problem of following the laws per state you hunt,,, and the state YOU , bought the license for ,,, not just go out to kill obey the people's land in the state your in that land puts food on there tables pays for there kids schools and the roads us non residents travel on .... I hunt many states and every state has all its own laws why must people argue them or break them ,, we're not all perfect **** happens but Jezz this it's political it's a point ,,, I promise every hunter that spends the time to go from forum to forum complaining if they put that much effort into there hunt they wouldn't need to corner cross or trespass or rent a helicopter to kill game ... I do very well in the western states hunting always have good success but then again I'm not trying to steal the neighbors 200" mules good luck guys shoot straight

Attachments

• 2C26C9AA-8F19-4170-A63B-2C0FE1656E2D.jpeg
    2C26C9AA-8F19-4170-A63B-2C0FE1656E2D.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 09732590-0BC7-485D-928F-A99DEAC7D480.jpeg
    09732590-0BC7-485D-928F-A99DEAC7D480.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 77B805E6-B08E-43C1-9282-2CD36956CDD4.jpeg
    77B805E6-B08E-43C1-9282-2CD36956CDD4.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 138
I didn't want to take the time to read thru all of this thread so this might have been posted already, but the posts about people being disrespectful or breaking laws has nothing to do with out of state or anything of that nature. These people are slobs and treat every state/ activity they do this way and are the "problem" in everything they do. Think the guy that throws beer cans out on the side of the road, burns heeps of plastic in his fire, shoots TVs and leaves them behind, casts over you in the hole, doesn't know how to merge in traffic, spits his chew on the putting green, votes for Biden, and so on. He doesn't care what state he is in or who he screws over all he cares about is number one.

I didn't want to take the time to read thru all of this thread so this might have been posted already, but the posts about people being disrespectful or breaking laws has nothing to do with out of state or anything of that nature. These people are slobs and treat every state/ activity they do this way and are the "problem" in everything they do. Think the guy that throws beer cans out on the side of the road, burns heeps of plastic in his fire, shoots TVs and leaves them behind, casts over you in the hole, doesn't know how to merge in traffic, spits his chew on the putting green, votes for Biden, and so on. He doesn't care what state he is in or who he screws over all he cares about is number one.
The sad thing is I couldn't give you two likes , well said !

Welcome to the next generation. "Morals and values" What's that? I see it every year in AZ. Out of state or in state all the same. My niece had her 1st deer hunt this year and watched as another hunter decided to teach his kid how to run over ang tag another hunters deer.
But it turned out better for her 2 days later.

Easy to read the regs and abide by the laws. But you have the few who don't care.

Game and Fish in every state is different and funding is bad. So we get what we get. As someone else posted, document the violation and report it. Or you can do what I do when someone blocks a public road, get out the 20 ton chain and politely move their truck in the ditch.

Attachments

• 2020-10-09 19.09.48.png
    2020-10-09 19.09.48.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Other hunter's were closer when it
Whats the story? That sounded like priming for a fight.
Other hunters that never took a shot got to it first. Brother in law didn't think it was worth the fight for a 3x3 on opening day.

So she ended up with a bigger buck and Daddy didn't go to jail. Seen this play out before and game and fish just took the deer and no one got it.

Just returned from a deer hunt in WY area 82 and I must say that as a resident who's hunted this area for the past 19+ years I left completely disappointed.
I saw numerous camps of CA, ID and UT hunters with open fires in camp while we have stage 2 fire restrictions in place. You can't even smoke outside of a vehicle during stage 2 restrictions. The state has signs everywhere stating NO FIRE, FIRE BAN ect and its virtually impossible they didn't know.
I also had both WY resident hunters (really disappointed) and UT hunters stop 50 yards away from me on two different occasions while I was glassing a small 20 acre BLM piece of ground and start hunting it - no etiquette. The WY guys deserve a good beating and the non-residents should just stay away...hunt you own state.
20 acre BLM piece? Either secure private tracts to hunt, or bigger public land to hunt. You're honestly telling us you were upset to see someone else crowd up next to you in that small of public land? Manage your expectations and you'll be a happier outdoorsman.
Welcome to the party. My crew find ourselves in this situation in nearly every WA boat launch from the coast to Clarkston with out of state "fisherman". When the salmon runs come in, we are inundated with non rez anglers. Parking lots and inlets that once held 50 rarely-full boats and trailers are now engorged with non rez rigs parking up and down the streets; some littering, rude, uncaring about the place they've come to use and leave as fast as they showed up. BUT, I've met and connected with a far higher metric of non rez visitors that are very polite, and appreciative to be able to participate, and in many ways add to the experience. Its a statistical game. If 1 in 10 are etiquette-challenged, and your state has introduced a larger percentage of non rez hunters over your 19+ years in the field (which all western big game states have, i don't care what anyone thinks or "feels" about it) your "jerks-to-genuine" statistic will be greater and your chances of an encounter with them will be higher.
If you have a problem with non rez hunters, go whine to the game commission who sell the non rez tags, not to the hunters who pay the 10-times face value of the residents for the opportunity.

20 acre BLM piece? Either secure private tracts to hunt, or bigger public land to hunt. You're honestly telling us you were upset to see someone else crowd up next to you in that small of public land? Manage your expectations and you'll be a happier outdoorsman.
Welcome to the party. My crew find ourselves in this situation in nearly every WA boat launch from the coast to Clarkston with out of state "fisherman". When the salmon runs come in, we are inundated with non rez anglers. Parking lots and inlets that once held 50 rarely-full boats and trailers are now engorged with non rez rigs parking up and down the streets; some littering, rude, uncaring about the place they've come to use and leave as fast as they showed up. BUT, I've met and connected with a far higher metric of non rez visitors that are very polite, and appreciative to be able to participate, and in many ways add to the experience. Its a statistical game. If 1 in 10 are etiquette-challenged, and your state has introduced a larger percentage of non rez hunters over your 19+ years in the field (which all western big game states have, i don't care what anyone thinks or "feels" about it) your "jerks-to-genuine" statistic will be greater and your chances of an encounter with them will be higher.
If you have a problem with non rez hunters, go whine to the game commission who sell the non rez tags, not to the hunters who pay the 10-times face value of the residents for the opportunity.
Yeah, we had some guys from the state of Washington come to MT a few years back. They had a TV show, videoed their hunts, put them on their show. when their shows aired someone recognized the country in the background. MT Fish, Wildlife and Parks investigated. Come to find out they were poachers ie: no licenses, in addition to that they were poaching deer and elk on private property with no permission ie: trespassing. Got busted Big Time!! Some of those good ole boys that didnt pay a dime let alone 10 times what the residents pay. Did you happen to catch where they were from ? Not whining just stating the facts.

I see no happy fix for this stuff. Public access fishing might require reservations and ID stickers indicating fees have been paid for fishing licenses. Public land hunting might require shooting proficiency , game ID and other ecological tests then controlled access with aerial surveillance via drones or aircraft. I only hunt on private land accompanied with land owner or her/his agent. An exception might be BLandM land for spring rodents. I have seen too much ugly, stupid, & dangerous stuff. I can remember seeing some fool scoping me out with rifle instead of binocs.

I see no happy fix for this stuff. Public access fishing might require reservations and ID stickers indicating fees have been paid for fishing licenses. Public land hunting might require shooting proficiency , game ID and other ecological tests then controlled access with aerial surveillance via drones or aircraft. I only hunt on private land accompanied with land owner or her/his agent. An exception might be BLandM land for spring rodents. I have seen too much ugly, stupid, & dangerous stuff. I can remember seeing some fool scoping me out with rifle instead of binocs.
50 years ago you didn't see many people with scopes nor binoculars. I scoped my rifle very early in hunting about 58 years ago. Didn't carry a set of binoculars for a good many years, and use my scope to look with. Didn't know any better at the time. Middle 70's added a set binoculars to my game. There is still a lot of people that don't have binoculars, and don't know how to use them either. Don't complain about out of staters, because we all have them and you or I are out of staters from time to time. Their times I carry hunting licenses for 4 different state in one year. It's sad there a lot of crappy hunters and fishermen out there, but that life, you have to work around them or don't go hunting or fishing. If you see somebody using a scope to look you over, and you get up close, tell them not to do that or otherwise they will looking down your scope. I have had people shooting over my head, and they were just shooting to be shooting. I return one round at a rock above them by a fair amount. They left. I see road signs shot up too, it must be great hunting road signs, get them every time, never knew there was licenses for them nor a limit on them either. Just like the President we have now "STUPID".