Dinner Out

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Whenever I had a business trip I would always try to make a dinner trip to a good restaurant and then expand on the menu to cook a dinner for Jill and I.
Would like to do this dinner this weekend!

One of my favorites were:
Knob Creek or Makers Mark - Neet for libations
Dinner wine: a good Chardonay for me and White Zinfandel for Jill

For starters
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES with arugula & lemon aioli
CALAMARI lightly fried • with marinara

Salad:

SUMMER Salad with baby spinach, strawberries, crumbled blue cheese, mandarin oranges, walnuts, onions & white balsamic vinaigrette.

Main Course
SEAFOOD LINGUINE
Maine Lobster, Cod, salmon, shrimp, muscles & bay scallops sauté with linguine, roasted red peppers, mushrooms. tomatoes & white wine-lemon-garlic cream sauce • with parmesan. (could also add some fresh water native Trout, Bass, Walleye, and salt water Taugtog and or Fluke/Flounder - if on hand)

This sounds like 5 star dinner for sure. My daughter would need to visit for this kind of feast. She loves preparing fancy feasts. Hours of preparation, but awesome meals. The wife and I settle for a steak on the grill and maybe a lobster tail with a loaded baked potato.

Whenever I had a business trip I would always try to make a dinner trip to a good restaurant and then expand on the menu to cook a dinner for Jill and I.
Would like to do this dinner this weekend!

One of my favorites were:
Knob Creek or Makers Mark - Neet for libations
Dinner wine: a good Chardonay for me and White Zinfandel for Jill

For starters
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES with arugula & lemon aioli
CALAMARI lightly fried • with marinara

Salad:
SUMMER Salad with baby spinach, strawberries, crumbled blue cheese, mandarin oranges, walnuts, onions & white balsamic vinaigrette.

Main Course
SEAFOOD LINGUINE
Maine Lobster, Cod, salmon, shrimp, muscles & bay scallops sauté with linguine, roasted red peppers, mushrooms. tomatoes & white wine-lemon-garlic cream sauce • with parmesan. (could also add some fresh water native Trout, Bass, Walleye, and salt water Taugtog and or Fluke/Flounder - if on hand)
Coyote Shadow Tracker, when are you coming for a visit? I'll turn my kitchen over to you for the duration.

You are out of my league
I will settle for quail,cat head biscuits and gravy
WinMag, what exactly is a cat head biscuit? I was told by a southerner that is what I make, but I had never heard the term. So I think it must be a southern description for a big puffed-up baking powder biscuit as opposed to cut out round biscuits?? I grew up in the Adirondacks near the Canadian border, so understand more French Canadian than southern.

Coyote Shadow Tracker, when are you coming for a visit? I'll turn my kitchen over to you for the duration.

WinMag, what exactly is a cat head biscuit? I was told by a southerner that is what I make, but I had never heard the term. So I think it must be a southern description for a big puffed-up baking powder biscuit as opposed to cut out round biscuits?? I grew up in the Adirondacks near the Canadian border, so understand more French Canadian than southern.
The size of the biscuit (cat head)
Soft rising flour ,shorting and buttermilk
Rolled by hand and hand formed
That's what I was raised on and no others compare
Red lobster is my second to cathead IMO