Venison dinner

Discussion in 'Cooks' Corner' started by LVJ76, Jan 13, 2020 at 7:04 PM.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. LVJ76

LVJ76 Well-Known Member

Made this over the weekend, uses some Coues round steaks. Wife said she didn't want any but knowing her I cooked 3 of them and she ended up eating 1 and a half of them, and she says she doesn't like meat much Lol.

Used a Lemmon & Red Pepper seasoning I got at Home Goods, mixed it with montreal steak seasoning and also Organic no salt seasoning from Costco. Mixed all 3 and covered all the meat with it without over doing it, cooked it on extra virgin olive oil at high heat, dang it was good.

20191214_210043.jpg

2. mountainman56

mountainman56 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah.......nicely done!!

LVJ76 likes this.
  3. CO_Guy

CO_Guy Well-Known Member

Beautiful.

LVJ76 likes this.
  4. ARCaveman

ARCaveman Active Member

Nicely done sir.

LVJ76 likes this.
  5. 651

651 Member

Looks absolutely perfect

LVJ76 likes this.
  6. Barrelnut

Barrelnut Well-Known Member

Perfectly done!

LVJ76 likes this.
  7. Rick Richard

Rick Richard Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! I am a carnivore and that looks real good!

LVJ76 likes this.
  8. LVJ76

LVJ76 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine gave me some of his Montana whitetail and its really good, however the desert mulies taste better, their diet is more diverse, but coues deer meat is just so good.

I've heard antelope is awesome but haven't tried it yet, havent got drawn yet so maybe this year.

9. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

0430 and I am hungry for a wild game dinner already :cool: ... nicely done Sir.

I never. had the opportunity to go after the Coues when I was stationed in DMAFB. Used to hunt Gambel's quail and muleys near the Biosphere area with very good success in 1992-1996 but I heard that is no longer the case due to antis and housing development.

Antelope is one of my favorite game to hunt and can be an excellent table fare. You're right, diet affects their taste. I have hunted for muleys and antelope in AZ and NM and they are gamey due to their sagebrush diet. Where I hunt for muleys, whiteys, and antelope here in MT, they primarily feed on wheat and alfalfa.

Good luck on your quest for the antelope hunt. Cheers!

10. LVJ76

LVJ76 Well-Known Member

Thanks. The coues diet is grass, some shrubs and cacti fruit, but they also eat a lot of acorns, this gives them a different flavor.

Now gambel's quail breast wrapped in bacon on a kabob with cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, red onions and caribe peppers, mmmm mmmm good. Dove and duck like this are also awesome.

Now I'm hungry too Lol, good think we can remedy that though