Did berger change there packaging ?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Trm82, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Trm82

Trm82 Well-Known Member

Ordered these online and this is what showed up. I was expecting a orange box.

Attached Files:

2. C.O. Shooter

C.O. Shooter Well-Known Member

The old boxes of the hunting used to be yellow I believe!

3. The Oregonian

The Oregonian Well-Known Member

I got 7mm 168 Hunting VLD and they were in yellow boxes. Also got 195’s and they were in orange boxes. I haven’t called Berger yet to confirm they are the correct bullets but it is on my list.

4. C.O. Shooter

There is a Berger guy here on the forum, think his name is Doc or something like that! Shoot him a PM and I imagine he can run the lot #.

5. wsq

wsq Well-Known Member

I have the same question purchased a box of hunting vld’s 150 .277 cal came in a yellow box with the right label. Would like to confirm these are the right bullets before using them on game

6. C.O. Shooter

7. Abolt

Abolt Well-Known Member

My .308 168 classic hunters came in orange boxes in the past. The ones I ordered a month ago came in a yellow box with the correct label and appear to be the same.

8. can1010

can1010 Well-Known Member

Berger changed to one color box earlier this year just with different labels

9. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

I did and I called Brian as well. The hunting pills and the match pills now reside in the same color box. You need to look closely at the BC's as well, They have been revised.

I will say (in Berger's defense) that the meplats on the new VLD's are much more uniform. I haven't had to run any through the Whidden pointing die lately.

Some of the old meplats looked like half melted ice cream cones....

MudRunner2005 and Dosh like this.
  10. Deputy819

Deputy819 Well-Known Member

LRH Member Corey Schwanz is in Berger's technical support group. He would definitely know.

11. reeldawg

reeldawg Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Most of their bullets are in a yellow box now. The 6.5 135 Classic hunters are different orange box.

Jay

12. corey006

corey006 Well-Known Member

Resurrecting this thread...

Has anyone had to rework a load switching from "old" 7mm 168 VLDs to the new ones with revised b.c?

I have 200 of old style...just got a new order and they came in yellow box and revised b.c

13. reeldawg

reeldawg Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

It’s the same bullet. They changed the package.

Jay

14. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

First off, the boxes went from orange (VLD Hunting pills) and yellow VLD target pills to all orange boxes, hunting and target (one has to read the specs on the boxes now).

Brian revised the BC's earlier this year but the difference isn't tangible. I've loaded both old run 168's in 30 cal and new run 168's in 30 cal and the ballistics (internal and external will so close to the same they weren't recordable.

In fact, I tend to buy my Bergers in bulk packs of 500 and I just tossed the new run 100 box into the old run 500 box because I oo wanted to try the 'new' versus the old.

I will say that the meplats on the new run pills are much more uniform. Out of the 100 box I bought I could not find (under a magnifying glass) one ice cream cone Meplat and the old tun stuff I always had to run through a Whidden pointing tool because of the inconsistent meplats.

Are they different? No
    Are they better" Yes, the Meplats are for sure.

If you bothered to read through the thread, you'd see my post Number 9 and this one are repeats. Read the thread please.