Did berger change there packaging ?

Trm82

Ordered these online and this is what showed up. I was expecting a orange box.

Attachments

• 2064AAA0-9F54-4D87-9595-48FFC93171C5.jpeg
    2064AAA0-9F54-4D87-9595-48FFC93171C5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 336
I got 7mm 168 Hunting VLD and they were in yellow boxes. Also got 195's and they were in orange boxes. I haven't called Berger yet to confirm they are the correct bullets but it is on my list.

There is a Berger guy here on the forum, think his name is Doc or something like that! Shoot him a PM and I imagine he can run the lot #.

I have the same question purchased a box of hunting vld's 150 .277 cal came in a yellow box with the right label. Would like to confirm these are the right bullets before using them on game

My .308 168 classic hunters came in orange boxes in the past. The ones I ordered a month ago came in a yellow box with the correct label and appear to be the same.

I got 7mm 168 Hunting VLD and they were in yellow boxes. Also got 195's and they were in orange boxes. I haven't called Berger yet to confirm they are the correct bullets but it is on my list.
I did and I called Brian as well. The hunting pills and the match pills now reside in the same color box. You need to look closely at the BC's as well, They have been revised.

I will say (in Berger's defense) that the meplats on the new VLD's are much more uniform. I haven't had to run any through the Whidden pointing die lately.

Some of the old meplats looked like half melted ice cream cones....

Resurrecting this thread...

Has anyone had to rework a load switching from "old" 7mm 168 VLDs to the new ones with revised b.c?

I have 200 of old style...just got a new order and they came in yellow box and revised b.c

First off, the boxes went from orange (VLD Hunting pills) and yellow VLD target pills to all orange boxes, hunting and target (one has to read the specs on the boxes now).

Brian revised the BC's earlier this year but the difference isn't tangible. I've loaded both old run 168's in 30 cal and new run 168's in 30 cal and the ballistics (internal and external will so close to the same they weren't recordable.

In fact, I tend to buy my Bergers in bulk packs of 500 and I just tossed the new run 100 box into the old run 500 box because I oo wanted to try the 'new' versus the old.

I will say that the meplats on the new run pills are much more uniform. Out of the 100 box I bought I could not find (under a magnifying glass) one ice cream cone Meplat and the old tun stuff I always had to run through a Whidden pointing tool because of the inconsistent meplats.

Are they different? No
Are they better" Yes, the Meplats are for sure.

If you bothered to read through the thread, you'd see my post Number 9 and this one are repeats. Read the thread please.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.