Did Berger and Sierra stop making certain Bullets?

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Just wondering if Berger and Sierrra stopped making certain bullets. There are almost no Sierra bullets on the market and a number of Berger bullets just disappeared. I can't for the longest time find any Sierra 6.5 - 142 Match Kings and most websites say estimated time for stock 10 to 16 months and Berger 6mm - 105 Hybrids are nowhere to be found. I think that Sierra and Berger manufactures are re-naming these bullets to be called "Unobtainium" because these bullets cannot be obtained by anyone on planet Earth. My question to everyone out there is 1.) Did Sierra & Berger stop making 6.5 - 142 SMK & 6mm - 105 Hybrids. 2.) Are they making them, but only selling to countries we never heard of? 3.) They are making them, but they are invisible. I know that bullet manufactures have limited machines to make bullets and they do "Batch Runs" of certain bullets then change the dies to make another caliber. This takes time, production down and profit loss. So, manufactures will make mostly their bestselling most - profitable bullets before changing machines over. I know that the 6.5-142 SMKs and Berger 6mm-105 Hybrids are one of the "Go To" bullets for "F" Class and PRS so a lot of shooters want them. I just can't understand why I have not been able to find these two bullets on the market. I have been searching for months on end and looked on almost every website. The only ones I see for sale are from private owners like shooter on this site. But YES I have seen some for sale at outrageous prices from Gun broker and a few unknown website stores. These are the ones that are scalping and there is not much stock with these scalpers. It is very frustrating. Wish we were back in the 2006 days when you went to your LGS for powder, primers, bullets, brass, ammo and if they didn't have what you wanted you got if for the web

Did you back order them anywhere? I've been waiting on 6mm TGKs and a 0.288" bushing for going on 6 months. 220 SMKs were on backorder for 4 months.... and now they're on sale at Midway.

There's no logic. Just get you a place in the line.

Very popular bullets. Meaning they get snatched up quick. I haven't seen any in a few months.

I worked up a new load in my 6CM. My go-to is a 105 Hyb @ 3101. But I just finished testing the 115 VLD, @ 3086, they are same POI @ 200 as my 105s, and still shooting .3MOA @ 200, so good enough for banging steel and coyotes way out there.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.