Did berger change there packaging ?

I recently received the 6.5 VLDH in the new yellow box with the new label. Measuring with comparator gauge this new lot vs. my old lot is .040 smaller. Seems like a big jump to me. I also bought a new lot of the 30cal 210VLDH about 2 months ago, they showed up in the orange box as usual but when loaded to my measurement with the Hornady comparator gauge they ended up being a slight jam with pressure. ????????????

I never jam anything except when developing a load. If you rely on a Hornady comparator gauge to be absolute, you are mistaken. There will always be a dimension differential with the Stoney Point gauge. Not absolute, never will be. Just 'about there'.

I never jam anything except when developing a load. If you rely on a Hornady comparator gauge to be absolute, you are mistaken. There will always be a dimension differential with the Stoney Point gauge. Not absolute, never will be. Just 'about there'.
With that being said … Because I tell a guy I measured 2.380 to be the best ogive what I do is .. Here take these and use your gauge.
My last order of 250 came in a yellow box.

The volume dealers like Natchez are all sold out of the orange boxes. Cabelas isn't. You can measure the LTL measurement 4 times with a Stoney Point Gauge and get a different reading each time. In fact it's what I do. I do the LTL measurement 4 times and average the dimension.

The Walt Berger method of finding the LTL dimension is better but not foolproof. Problem is, unlike the Stoney Point gauge, the Berger method takes some prep work, like sizing a case with a bushing that allows the pill to move fairly easily in the neck and then being careful not to jam the pill into the throat and stick it. If you stick the pill in the rifling and extract the case without, you get to start over.

I've done them both and I prefer the Stoney Point method for speed.

I produce my own dummy cases for the Stoney Point gauge. Not difficult at all.

With that being said … Because I tell a guy I measured 2.380 to be the best ogive what I do is .. Here take these and use your gauge.
My last order of 250 came in a yellow box.
Ya. I didn't feel like arguing with him. He obviously was looking to start somthing.

I use the hunting VLD's in several calibers. Have them in both the orange and yellow box with old and revised BC's. I did shoot to compare the old versus new and honestly can not see any difference in results (group size).

Late to the party here guys ;). Yes, there are some changes going on with the packaging that we are in the middle of right now. We are eventually going to be transitioning all of the boxes to a yellow box and the color differences you are used to seeing (orange, tan, etc) will be on a new, re-designed label. Some of these new labels are finally in production so they should start showing up on shelves. The issue the past few months has been that we ran out of the old orange boxes before the new labels were approved and printed so we have yellow boxes/yellow labels for a period of time. That should be working its way out of the system as we speak.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.