Dewey cleaning rod

Nikolakangrga

Should I get there basic cleaning rod or the aluminum style rod they have for eliminating false copper readings?
Thanks.... Regardless of which rod I will use the aluminum attachments

I've only used carbon fiber rods for the 17's and 204's but I thought they sucked. Are they better in larger diameter rods?

I love my coated Deweys and Tiptons but have been real hesitant to try a larger carbon fiber rod when I hate the 17 caliber CF rod I have.

I have some Tipton and also Dewey's. If I was to buy more I would order the Boretech rods. Their rods and bore guids are the nuts!!

Jeff

Well I have a bore guide coming from mike Lucas as we speak. Just curious about these two rods. Mike lucas recommend the Dewey rod 30c44 I believe the part number was. But found they have the aluminum version rod too. Same part number except for one letter. I believe it is a 30ca44 or something like that.

aluminum rods will get grit and dirt imbedded in them vs steel or coated rods.

Aluminum is the last material I would get in a rod!!

Deweys rods are the best. Their coatings are hands down better than Boretech and customer service is way better than Boretech.

I had 4 Boretechs lose their coating and only took me 6 months to replace them AFTER I sent them back to them. Had to call the president of Boreteck and complain twice. Sold the replacements as soon as I got them and went Dewey all the way.

I will watch for that coating problem. So far it is good to go. The reason I prefered the Dewy's and Boretech over the Tiptons is that with a Dewy or BT I can put my hand on the back of the handle to push it through. The tipton has that metal end that roates with the rod and will not allow the rod to rotate freely when you push from the back.

Jeff

You can email Dewey if you have any questions. Great people to work with in my opinion. Brian Dewey actually handles the email and he helped me with some questions this winter. I bought directly from them. Real fast service.

I will watch for that coating problem. So far it is good to go. The reason I prefered the Dewy's and Boretech over the Tiptons is that with a Dewy or BT I can put my hand on the back of the handle to push it through. The tipton has that metal end that roates with the rod and will not allow the rod to rotate freely when you push from the back.

Jeff

Perhaps I'm not scrubbing hard enough?
I try to let the chemicals do the work.
Simply gripping the handle works for me.

-- richard

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.