Designing the perfect bullet box

I get my ammo box latches from the post office. When you don't check your mailbox for a while they make you come in and get a bundle of junk mail with special latches.
DAC5B896-9A32-468F-878F-669432CFFFD7.jpeg

Quality cartridge used a similar sleeved box forever and they definitely work.

About the only way to eliminate the rattling though is going to be by forming case specific "slots" or for a small, medium, and large diameter cases.
Foam in lid! Like we say about Vaseline...."LONG OR SHORT, THICK OR THIN..VASELINE WILL GET IT IN"
..Foam is cheap and easy to slice for thickness!

Cartridge needs to extend approx. 3/4" to be able to grasp. Staggering alignment would also help. I would probably make outer case with belt clip for walking
Would you seriously attach a rigid 20 pack of shells to YOUR BELT? Even if the box was curved I know I wouldn't....never cross my mind.....well unless maybe facing a Zombie hoard.....just thought about it.....NOPE not even then!

Last edited:
I get my ammo box latches from the post office. When you don't check your mailbox for a while they make you come in and get a bundle of junk mail with special latches.View attachment 343220
I have been doing the same thing for years. It's okay but I like where Bmoore is going. The best things are designed by hunters!

That would be a must for sure. You think making them a standard .25" longer than the Saami standards would be sufficient?
I think you could offer that as a standard and anything beyond that be a custom. I actually have a cartridge that is .260" longer than SAAMI spec but I'm betting those will be rare. Maybe standardize on .300" longer than SAAMI?

As others have stated before...

1) Perhaps a slide door on top
2) Perhaps foam with holes punched to secure each bullet from rattling
3) Shoulder support to protect projectiles pointing down

It would secure the ammo for a hard ride or drop on a hunt.

I think this would be great!