The perfect ultra light water bottle - FREE

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Weighs 1.6 ounces for one quart capacity. Big mouth works with pills or filters or with Steripen. Perfect for dipping water out of stream.

Walmart mayo jar made of plastic.

Cost of $3.00 including $3 worth of mayo.

inexpensive and works well... great idea.

I always pack is a 1-gallon milk jug that has a threaded lid. Great for water storage. I'll pump water when I first get to camp and the water lasts for a couple of days. really cuts down on the frequency of pumping water especially after a long day of hunting when all you want to do is make dinner and hit the sack.

Yesterday I called Platypus and asked the customer service guy if he would tell their development people to consider a collapsable bottle with a wide mouth.

I said I wanted it so a Steripen can be used and also to keep it from freezing as easily as a regular (soft drink bottle size) opening does. He said he would pass on my request.

Eric B.

Good idea on the mayo jar. I use Gatorade bottles. Similar idea, 32 oz, wide mouth, study, comfortable to drink out of, easy to fill and pour, good seal, 1.75 oz., 99 cents.

The nice thing about the nalgene type bottles is boiling water can be put in them and they can be placed in the bottom of your sleeping bag to aid in warmth not sure I'd do that with a "lesser" bottle

Yesterday I called Platypus and asked the customer service guy if he would tell their development people to consider a collapsable bottle with a wide mouth.

I said I wanted it so a Steripen can be used and also to keep it from freezing as easily as a regular (soft drink bottle size) opening does. He said he would pass on my request.

Eric B.

These are already made by Nalgene:

http://store.nalgene.com/Cantene-32oz-p/2575-0032.htm

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.