defiance actions

Jrock, I'm curious with how much your rifle weighs in at. I"ll be surprised if you are less than 11 lbs. I've got a 300 win mag on a Borden action w/ a #4 fluted barrel plus a Terminator T2 brake, McMillan A3 Edge fill stock (weighs 31 ounces) and a VX6 3-18x50 (20 ounces) mounted with Talley rings and she sits right at 9.5 lbs. Each of the components you mentioned are heavier by a good bit over what I've got.

I couldn't tell you because I don't have an accurate means of weighting my components. It was a rough estimate but you maybe right around 11 lbs. Still weighting on my action because they had a 11 month back log when I called them.

I couldn't tell you because I don't have an accurate means of weighting my components. It was a rough estimate but you maybe right around 11 lbs. Still weighting on my action because they had a 11 month back log when I called them.

your thinking my build will be around 11lbs with a 2lb night force?

timber 338 i will call them and see what they say.

Late getting in.These are slightly older builds,4-6 yrs.Both rifles taken multiple bulls,bears etc,at range and broke my son and friends in on both.Packer action and barrel custom for me,The ''Duece'' I bought used off this site like new 100 rnds.Packer pre-Proof other is a Proof.Defiance Rebel,Lonewolf Summit and Tac II.26 '' braked,jewel.Packer 7-2oz,Duece 9-2oz.Bare.In picture packer has Leo 6-20x50 other SS.Packer now has March 3-24x52 Duece has Leo.Been very happy with both rifles.They are about tied for animals harvested.I prefer to shoot the heavier one,dressed they are 8 3/4 vrs 11 3/4.I have self spotted long hits with Packer but is harder to do.The Tac 2 stock is a better fit to just shoot.Like them both but the Packer is my main game for how I hunt.

Few picts of rifles

Attachments

• IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_9722.jpg
    IMG_9722.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 152
Deviant tactical with 30 min integrated rail hands down the only question is single shot or repeater ild go single just my 2 cents

Just to follow up now that I have the action in hand. The gun should weigh in at 10.6 lbs and then a Zeiss HD5 5-25x50 puts it to 12.1 lbs. Could have saved a bit of weight by dropping to a #5 contour and using a standard bottom metal instead of the AICS stealth version.

I know this is an old post but it's been very helpful.
If any of you have updates please post them...it sounds like you have built the rifle(s) I'm starting to build already and there's no substitute for experience.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.