Deer Lease questions for a newb

What do you have to lose? I would check it out and if it looked good I would pay the whole $6k and you can shoot 2 bucks and 2 doe and have it all to yourself. If there are hogs, predators, or javelina on the property can you shoot them?
Look at the numbers 50 pounds of meat per deer 4 deer 200 pounds of meat divided by 6000 holy crap I would buy a whole beef and hunt Elsewhere

Look at the numbers 50 pounds of meat per deer 4 deer 200 pounds of meat divided by 6000 holy crap I would buy a whole beef and hunt Elsewhere
I'm not saying it's cheap but there isn't much public land in Texas. Only an hour from home, inexperienced hunter, and two sons to bring. If you bring them for a hunt in Texas with an outfitter you will spend $9k or more for the three of them for 3 days. For me it's always been cheaper to buy meat from the supermarket (with a few exceptions) I just like to hunt.

Yeah, having a little deer meat is great, but I want *hunt* and camp and have a place to go and plink and teach my sons to shoot, etc. It's a 12 month lease and there's more to do than just harvest deer meat.

I hunt in that area. 6k for 150 acres is a pass. Especially sense landowner is limiting your tag. Most counties in that area is 2 buck(spike) 2 doe. With some being 2 buck(spike) 3 doe. I can understand wanting to manage mature deer but if the neighbors aren't in the game especially on a 150 acre spot, it's not worth it.

If you want to pm me fee free.

I hunt in that area. 6k for 150 acres is a pass. Especially sense landowner is limiting your tag. Most counties in that area is 2 buck(spike) 2 doe. With some being 2 buck(spike) 3 doe. I can understand wanting to manage mature deer but if the neighbors aren't in the game especially on a 150 acre spot, it's not worth it.

If you want to pm me fee free.
This 150 acres is adjacent to a bigger property that he hunts and maybe that's why the limit on the game?

This 150 acres is adjacent to a bigger property that he hunts and maybe that's why the limit on the game?
What are his limits on his property I wonder?
It sounds like he's offsetting the cost of his lease with this small piece of land and you are doing most of that for him ,then as mention what is his limit is he taking the state limit and denying you that on the next property?

That might be a bit on the high Side, but seems convenient to the metroplex…we get about 14 dollars an ac. South of Abilene TX—west of you—It has a recommendation on management—so many bucks and doe (around 1 buck 2-3 doe usually)—I'm not really involved on the management as I'm not leasing it my brother handles the leasing and Managment arrangements —we have 5 hunters on 1,140 ac So about 3100 each. Same money just a bit more country…Just FYI

What are his limits on his property I wonder?
It sounds like he's offsetting the cost of his lease with this small piece of land and you are doing most of that for him ,then as mention what is his limit is he taking the state limit and denying you that on the next property?
1 mature buck, 1 mature doe, unlimited hog hunting and year downs access per hunter.

That might be a bit on the high Side, but seems convenient to the metroplex…we get about 14 dollars an ac. South of Abilene TX—west of you—It has a recommendation on management—so many bucks and doe (around 1 buck 2-3 doe usually)—I'm not really involved on the management as I'm not leasing it my brother handles the leasing and Managment arrangements —we have 5 hunters on 1,140 ac So about 3100 each. Same money just a bit more country…Just FYI
Man that sounds great 😃