Dedicated Turkey Gun

But you will when you can't find nothing but TSS, which was the case for me this past year. Also, how many shots do you typically take in a Turkey season? Just saying.
I appreciate the pattern of TSS, no more chances of voids like we had with long beards or other. 900 pellets makes for a devastating pattern at 20-40 yards. I agree they are pricey but I pretty much plan for 1 box a year, not bad in my opinion.

There are special Turkey loads with "buffered Loads" Hevi Shot. tungsten, ect.
Just think about all the Turkeys that have been harvested the past 100+ years with just regular LEAD Shot!
Yeah but getting all the new toys and gadgets is way more fun. At least for me it is. I never would've considered a 20ga for turkeys or waterfowl but with the newer loads, well, I have a 20ga in my safe now.

I would advise you to shoot a 12 gauge with turkey loads. You might rethink the 12 since it has such an OUCH with recoil. The norm now days is 20 gauge with TSS ammo…this is what I did this past year.

Interesting I had never considered a 20.
Just to let you know that my dedicated turkey gun is a camo Rem 870 youth model in 20 ga with a Milett red dot scope on it. I shoot 3" Winchester Super X #5s out of it with an extra full choke and I've rolled big eastern gobblers at 40 yards with it. Don't underestimate the little 20 gauge. It kills em just as dead as a 12 ga without the recoil. Only difference between the 2 besides the recoil is the amount of shot.
With my 5'7" frame the youth model is perfect when sitting against a tree and when toting it in the woods its like carrying a bb gun.

Think about getting a 20 gas not inertia to reduce recoil. Or shoot a lighter load.
I had to look up TSS shells. NO WAY IN HELLO WOULD I PAY $12 a shell to shoot any Turkey.....or any other animal I could hunt.
I used to think so too until I tried them. Buy them after turkey season on sale for half price. I like my turkeys at about 45 yards but if one hangs up at 75-80 I'm killing him. Remington 870 super mag with 3.5 TSS no.9.

You probably won't find a Super Black Eagle in 20ga--There are 3 pages of Benelli 20ga auto shotguns on GB right now...M2, SBE3, and a few other models
If you want a "Pistol Grip" and Red Dot you can put on most any shotgun to turn into a "Turkey Gun"
All the major manufactures are making the "BIG" guns for turkey. 3.5" 12 GA.
It is a Culture thing and sales point.
Just an observation I lived in the North and now in the South States.
Every young man (11-12 years old) wants a 30.06 or 12 ga (or their father wants them to shoot). It's a culture thing where GUYS have to have the biggest of everything and pass that one to their sons. Now if they have a daughter or wife, they want a .243 or a 20ga. Just look at the posts on LRH "Looking for a .243 for my wife/daughter" Looking for a 20 ga for my wife/daughter. I was giving about 1K in loaded factory ammo to my neighbor for his son to shoot. Most were 22lLR and 17HMR and was giving him(the young man 11 years old) a case of 20ga #7 1/2 & 8 for doves. The young man said "I want 12 ga Like my father, I don't want to shoot girls ammo". I said Well mister when you grow up you can come back and buy the shot shells from me. I still gave him the case of 20 ga and told him that he can shoot my Benelli if he was man enough. Now all he wants to shoot is a 20GA.
If you really want to make sure that there will be enough pellets flying at your turkey get a 10 ga 36" barrel, XF Choke and a 3 1/2" mag # 4 shot shells. .
One of our BEST Deer rifles are a 700 Mountain DM B&C Stock in .243.
We also have .260 Rem, 6.5x284, 7mm08, 32 Special, 270wsm, 325wsm, 338lmai.
Best and most versatile shotgun is a Benelli M-1 Fiels 20GA.

You probably won't find a Super Black Eagle in 20ga
If you want a "Pistol Grip" and Red Dot you can put on most any shotgun to turn into a "Turkey Gun"
All the major manufactures are making the "BIG" guns for turkey. 3.5" 12 GA.
It is a Culture thing and sales point.
Just an observation I lived in the North and now in the South States.
Every young man (11-12 years old) wants a 30.06 or 12 ga (or their father wants them to shoot). It's a culture thing where GUYS have to have the biggest of everything and pass that one to their sons. Now if they have a daughter or wife, they want a .243 or a 20ga. Just look at the posts on LRH "Looking for a .243 for my wife/daughter" Looking for a 20 ga for my wife/daughter. I was giving about 1K in loaded factory ammo to my neighbor for his son to shoot. Most were 22lLR and 17HMR and was giving him(the young man 11 years old) a case of 20ga #7 1/2 & 8 for doves. The young man said "I want 12 ga Like my father, I don't want to shoot girls ammo". I said Well mister when you grow up you can come back and buy the shot shells from me. I still gave him the case of 20 ga and told him that he can shoot my Benelli if he was man enough. Now all he wants to shoot is a 20GA.
If you really want to make sure that there will be enough pellets flying at your turkey get a 10 ga 36" barrel, XF Choke and a 3 1/2" mag # 4 shot shells. .
One of our BEST Deer rifles are a 700 Mountain DM B&C Stock in .243.
We also have .260 Rem, 6.5x284, 7mm08, 32 Special, 270wsm, 325wsm, 338lmai.
Best and most versatile shotgun is a Benelli M-1 Fiels 20GA.
This area I have a lot of experience in. The new 410 Savage is good for 50 yrds with TSS # 9's . I have heard of reports that they will take one out to 60 but I have found insufficient patterns at that distance. I have taken one out to fifty. If you want yardage and I know I will get pounded for this but a good 20 gauge pump with TSS # 9's with an Indian Creek Choke tube will do you at about 70 yrds. You will lose about 10 to 20 yrds with a semi auto. I bought a 20 gauge Stoeger Turkey addition and I would not shoot that gun past 60 yards! We will lose to much energy. I believe the action is responsible for the lose in energy. Single shot or pump if you want to increase yardage. I have the new Savage pump 20 but I prefer a Remington Youth model 870 with Indian Creek choke tube and TSS . Not as heavy to carry and deadly. Only thing, it is. It is not made as well as some other pumps. That set up will deliver. I carry th e 410 Savage or Stevens now most of the time for 50 and under unless I think distance is going to possibly come into play. Heavy woods cutover 410. Open country field edges my 20ga. Hope this helps.

I where do you guys buy the TSS shot? This thread got me reading on it and would like to try some. I do my own loading. Sounds like awsome stuff for turkey and coyotes as well as long range pheasant.

The hardest recoil I have felt to date was patterning some 3.5" 2oz turkey shells in my Benelli Super Black Eagle II. Sat down and squeezed the 1st one off. Kicked so hard it took about 5 seconds to even realise what just hit me, it stunned me that bad. After about 10 shots my face and cheekbone were sore and swollen bad, not to mention my shoulder. The SBEII handles recoil well for regular shells but not for 3.5" Magnums with 2oz of shot.

My Benelli Super Nova does better with 3.5"'s and has a little more weight to it. I sold my SBEII after that experience lol. My Super Nova is my go to big bird gun.
View attachment 329475
Uh...Not a turkey. Do any of your deer happen to wear iron shoes also??? :) :) :)