Deciding My Next Rifle’s Chambering

If you want a fire breather go with 28N. Nothing wrong with the 7RM. Depending on your bolt face another option would be a milder 280AI. Peterson brass and a pleasant cartridge to spend time behind.

I wanted to clarify some things. I know there's much more modern and "better" designs than the 7mm Rem Mag. However, I feel like every cartridge has an ultimatum. Brass is either hard to get or you have to make it, or the brass is low quality in general, or the SAAMI specs aren't ideal and you have to order a custom reamer to make it right, dies are custom or hard to find, the cartridge is too overbore, etc etc. I like the cartridges that fall around the 180 @ 3000fps sweet spot. I have a 284 Win/Norma already that pushes a 175 @ 2820ish. I'd like to have a little more than that but maybe not go to a fire breather like a 28 Nosler.

7-300PRC running the 180Hybrid @ 3100fps and not even leaning on it. It loves H-1000. Great case capacity too, incase you think about the 195😎

7-300PRC running the 180Hybrid @ 3100fps and not even leaning on it. It loves H-1000. Great case capacity too, incase you think about the 195😎
I'd like to try that one out, but I'd have to order a reamer and wait 4-5 months.

I'd like to try that one out, but I'd have to order a reamer and wait 4-5 months.
Nothing against the 7Mag, but this thing shines with 180s! I don't think you would be disappointed, except for the wait

Recent Posts