DE+P THROATING

I have the +P on a 30" Edge and run a 275 grain Lazer at 3,028 fps and another 28" barrel without the +P that runs the same bullet at 3,010fps. Maybe one is just a fast barrel, who knows. You would have to do the load development without the +P then do the +P to really see if you made any gains. If you run the +P using N570 or Reloder 33 you will have a very short barrel life as these are the hottest burning powders with H1000 and Retumbo being among the coolest of the "magnum" powders. There are many opinions on the +P throating so here is one from a barrel maker;

I have the +P on a 30" Edge and run a 275 grain Lazer at 3,028 fps and another 28" barrel without the +P that runs the same bullet at 3,010fps. Maybe one is just a fast barrel, who knows. You would have to do the load development without the +P then do the +P to really see if you made any gains. If you run the +P using N570 or Reloder 33 you will have a very short barrel life as these are the hottest burning powders with H1000 and Retumbo being among the coolest of the "magnum" powders. There are many opinions on the +P throating so here is one from a barrel maker;

Last edited:
I had the +P throat on my Edge after having fits with the neck turn only chamber I used first. The new +P chamber stopped the pressure excursions but velocities were not increased unless you added a ton more powder.
I will never use one again, match 'no turn' chambers custom throated are the best option.

Cheers.