Data Dope Card options - what works best?

BirdDog50

I would like to solicit information from you folks who use data dope cards on your rifles. I have tried the data dope Intel taped on the stock but always have 1 issue or another. I was looking at the Hawk Hill rail mounted dope card unit. Seems a little pricey and can't determine if you have to remove scope to install. Anyone have any experience with this unit or other recommendations? Thanks!

I used the hawk hill for prs. It is pricey but it's nice. You don't need to remove the scope. You can fold it all around.

Last edited:
Check out Hoptic, they make stickers that go inside your scope lens caps for your drop data in 50 yard increments out to 650 yards if I remember correctly. I use these on all of my turret scopes, then carry a laminated card in a pocket on my binocular harness with data out to my max range, this one includes wind drift.

Cole-Tac

I do think it's a bit expensive for what it is, but it works well. I like that it's got some give to it, so when slamming it in to a port/window it won't break off or get whacked out of position.

Wow, I thank you all for your expertise and willing to share your information!!!
Luvdog...I really like the Cole- Tac solution...not costly or over engineered.
I have 1 of their suppressor covers . Never thought to check out their product line.
Thanks👍

Richard that's a great idea. Were we hunt the elk & the antelope, etc are always on the move. Need to be able to read the range and dial accordingly. Don't always have much time. Thank you
After I mark the white tape with the yardage, I place clear tape over it so the ink won't get erased. And, trim it all so it is nice and neat.

I also just use wide painters tape on the plastic card. And use a sharpie to right down drop/dope.
No need to buy extra plastic cards for my use.

I could see, having a separate card for separate rifles for known distance / increments. You can just buy a bulk pack of blank PVC cards on amazon if you want for cheap. And a roll of velcro.

But mine is used for PRS stuff, so data is one time use for me.