Dope Sheet?

Not sure if this is what you are asking for or not. When I first started I just went to one of the ballistic calculators entered the information requested as close to the conditions as I believed I would be shooting (temp. elevation etc). Then wrote it down on a piece of paper. Since then I've purchased the shooter app for my cell phone. Feel this is much more accurate as it allows me to change the conditions to the current conditions for each shooting situation. Not sure this helps, good luck and have fun.

+1 on the shooter app. A little more info provided at your shooting location. You don't get the weather info but you do have the ability to dial closer than 100 yd increments.If I want a dope sheet for a givin area I'm hunting I just forward the info to my e-mail address and print it out from my shooter app.

Just imput your specific info into a balistic calculator to get your come-ups. Type up the dope sheet and put it where ever you want. Here I have come-ups out to 1500 yards every 25 yards to 1500 yards, wind dope to 1500 with wind speeds of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 MPH, and a holdover chart for my NP-R1.

You say every 100 yards. I tell you what...once you get to the far end of 1K, there is a hell of a lot of "space" between your 100 yard incruments. You need to reduce to 25 yards when you get way out there. And, when you get into the 4 digit distances, 25 yards really isn't enough.

Attachments

• DSC00926.JPG
    DSC00926.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC00928.JPG
    DSC00928.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 124
DMJ, I am using a ballistics calculator and it shows drop and wind drift. But I don't know how to figure come ups in MOA.

So are you saying that you know how many inches your rifle is dropping and you want to know how many moa to dial up to compensate for the number of inches your rifle drops?

Which program are you using? I have never seen one that didn't give you the choice of inches or MOA.

Rule of thumb....if your program says that you are 73 inches low at 600, then divide 73 by 6 = 12.17 moa.

400 yards....9.6 inches low 9.6 diveded by 4 = 2.4 MOA. 109 inches low at 800 yards, divide 109 by 8 = 13.63MOA Simply move the decimal point of the distance two spots to the left. if you are figuring drop at a distance of 577 yards, you divide the inches of drop by 5.77. 976yards is 9.76.

Now, that is simplafied, and figures that an inch at 100 yards is the same as an moa, which is actually something like 1.06 inches at 100 yards. I suppose you could take your final answer and multiply it by 1.06.

true MOA drop = drop in inches / (1.047 * distance in yds / 100)

Some folks ignore the 1.047. If so if your gun drops 45" for 500yds then 45/5=9MOA (8.6 if you use the 1.047). Skipping it gets you close enough to then confirm your true drops needed.

For long range you should be confirming any of that data against real shooting since a scope may claim 1/4" per click but delivers a hair more or less (that won't be noticed till further out), plus ballistic calculators are only as good as the dope they are given. If the BC is a bit off, altitude, air pressure, humidity, velocity, etc. it all changes out at 1000yd.

Don't know if it interests you, but the Shooter App is pretty easy to use. It would have to be, seeing as I have even somewhat figured it out. Can't remember what I paid for it, but seems like it was someplace between 10 and 20 bucks. The other thing that might help is to google MOA. There are some pretty good videos that do a good job of giving a person a good understanding of MOA. Or at least it helped me. Good luck, shoot safe

Don't know if it interests you, but the Shooter App is pretty easy to use. It would have to be, seeing as I have even somewhat figured it out. Can't remember what I paid for it, but seems like it was someplace between 10 and 20 bucks. The other thing that might help is to google MOA. There are some pretty good videos that do a good job of giving a person a good understanding of MOA. Or at least it helped me. Good luck, shoot safe

Shooter app.....best ten bucks I ever spent!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.