Dall sheep LRR 7mm Dakota

dougrosa

Took this wonderful Alaskan dall sheep August 10th with my new 7mm Dakota that I got from Len. I bought the new lighter Dakota for this hunt of a life time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 173
Thanks for sharing a photo of your success. I'm seeing 10 1/2 yrs. No matter. A very nice Dall ram!

Took this wonderful Alaskan dall sheep August 10th with my new 7mm Dakota that I got from Len. I bought the new lighter Dakota for this hunt of a life time.

Who did you hunt with?

And that 7mm was a good choice. I'm partial to them myself.

I went with Alaskan Dall Sheep guides (Mont Mahoney) The Ram was aged at 11 1/2 by game and fish and Taxidermist. It was a great adventure.

Fabulous sheep and great photo, Doug!

I'll agree on the fabulous sheep part but the photo cracks me up. First, having the toe of the guides boot in there is great. Then, could he have tried to get any further away from the animal for the picture? A great animal like that doesn't need any cheap tricks like that to make it look even more impressive. To me, it diminishes the pictures and makes it look funny.

Congrats to the hunter. Awesome country and an awesome ram. Bucket list for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.