cz550 7mm rem mag 1:95 twist

unal saygili

hi friends i am a new member for thise form i have 7mmrem mag cz 550 i am traying to find out if i use berger vld hunting 180 grain how dhas it work because berger web side says it is for 1:11 twist but my rifle is 1:9.5 twist if any one can halp me iwill be glad thanks guys

hi friends i am a new member for thise form i have 7mmrem mag cz 550 i am traying to find out if i use berger vld hunting 180 grain how dhas it work because berger web side says it is for 1:11 twist but my rifle is 1:9.5 twist if any one can halp me iwill be glad thanks guys
The bullet makers that show the twist rate are showing the minimum twist rate required to stabilize a given bullet. Your 9.5 twist is 'tighter' than the minimum 11 twist stated by Berger. Should work fine.

The Berger website shows an optimum twist of 1:9.1 for the 7mm 180 grain Hunting VLD. I don't know where you are getting 1:11. Perhaps you are looking at .30 caliber bullets?

I would expect your 1:9.5 twist to stabilize the 180's without issues, but your bc will be compromised by about 6% at sea level, according to the twist calculator on Berger's website. If hunting at 4000 feet above sea level, or higher, the 180 VLD will be fully stable and yield its full bc value.

The Berger website shows an optimum twist of 1:9.1 for the 7mm 180 grain Hunting VLD. I don't know where you are getting 1:11. Perhaps you are looking at .30 caliber bullets?

I would expect your 1:9.5 twist to stabilize the 180's without issues, but your bc will be compromised by about 6% at sea level, according to the twist calculator on Berger's website. If hunting at 4000 feet above sea level, or higher, the 180 VLD will be fully stable and yield its full bc value.
Good thing you bothered to look at bergers' web site, 'cause I didn't! 1 in 11 sounded pretty 'loose' for 180g. Don't know why some companies choose 1 in 9 1/2" over 1 in 9" for their 7mm barrels.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.