Cz 550 safari magnum bedding questions

benchracer

I have a CZ 550 Safari Magnum in .375 H&H that has issues with barrel/stock contact. This model of rifle has an additional recoil lug under the rear express sights. It is my understanding that this model of rifle is factory glass bedded around the recoil lugs, so I don't know if it needs to be bedded in addition to having the barrel channel relieved.

When it comes to having the barrel channel relieved, is it best to ensure the barrel is free floated all the way back to the receiver or only back to the under barrel recoil lug?

If bedding is necessary, would it be best to only bed around the recoil lugs and free float the barrel as much as possible OR would it be better to full length bed the barrel between the receiver recoil lug and the under barrel recoil lug?

It looks to me like stock fit on these rifles is pretty critical, so I won't be attempting this myself. I just want to know what I should be asking the gunsmith to do.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.