Custom rifle opinions

R Bros hands down Travis is building my 6th rifle now it is a 260ai it will be a light rifle for shooting 800 yards in I have them from 243ai to 338 rum and all of them shoot in the 1s and 2s look him up you wont be disappointed

We are just finishing up one for a customer that turned out amazing.

300 Norma improved with 28" Proof barrel on a Defiance action in a carbon fiber stock. Jewel trigger and PK break. This riffle is shooting the 199g Hammer Hunter at 3250fps. This with 10g less powder than a rum. This sub 10lb rifle scoped is a dream to shoot with very little recoil and sub moa out to 1280y. We are expecting a couple of Defiance actions in with the Lapua bolt face any day now and only one is spoken for. Turnaround for this should be relatively quick. As in you should be able to hunt with it this fall.

Give me a yell and I will get pics to you of the one we just finished and we can talk about what kind of particulars you would want on your rifle. If you are interested. My phone # 406-261-0010

Steve

I have a second hand RBros 6.5x47 Lapua and its an absolute hammer - easy to load, virtually ZERO recoil, and can easily print 1/4-1/3 MOA groups (if I do my part!)

I wouldn't hesitate to drop coin on a second in the future when the funds become available.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I chose to get a 6.5-284 from West Texas Ordnance. Can't wait!

I have a few 6.5-284, it's become my favorite all around hunting round. Congrats on the new rifle. I'm debating a do all full custom as well and keep coming back to a 284 win on a Borden ridge line action.

Jim Borden makes a fine action and is an excellent gunsmith. I would chamber in something I can buy off the shelf in a pinch, like a 300WM

Yes he Does! I recommend the Borden timberline, Great for what I was looking for a custom action you can still take to the field.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.