• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Custom Remington 700 in 300 WM - Big Price Drop

nortac

Hello, I have another rifle that I have decided to sell as I have not shot it in at least 5 years. My eyes are getting older and I just don't shoot like I did.

Remington 700 in 300 Winchester Magnum. I had this rifle built by a local smith that has since retired, Bill May. The donor action was an older 7mag action that had very rarely been shot.
Bolt and Action squared and trued. I think the recoil lug is a Holland but cannot remember exactly. It's oversized. Barrel is a Rock Creek at 26" with a 1:10 twist. I used a brand new PT&G 300WM Match Reamer. I will include it with the rifle if I can locate it. It was used one time. I had a Timney in it but I think the trigger is a 700 trigger now. In the end the 700 trigger adjusted better than the Timney. Bottom metal for Ai mags, 5rd included. Manners stock with two flush cups and front picatinny rail. 20 MOA picatinny base included. Scope and Rings are not. I forget who made the brake but it is timed for the barrel and very effective. Some of the cerakote has come off on the brake from when I shot it before it had fully cured, apparently. I used a suppressor after barrel break-in on the few times I took this rifle out to shoot.

Rifle has a bout 200 rounds down it and that is a bit conservative. I have two loads for this rifle. 190 Sierra Match with H4350, 1/2" or better and a hunting load 180 Nosler with 4000-MR. Both loads were fairly light based on what this gun can do. I never hunted with the rifle and only had it to the range a few times. Feel free to ask any questions about it.

I also have the factory stock, barrel and bottom metal I can include for additional shipping if desired.

$1900 $1600

I will entertain possible trades.

Last edited:
As is with Nightforce, rings and mount....~12 1/2 lbs. Rifle alone probably just under 10lbs.

The scope and rings are not included but the 20MOA base is.

Last edited: