Custom action options

Impact has come out with a 75 degree bolt (currently out of stock). But you could probably order an action from him with that bolt.
Would offer every thing that you're looking for.
Which one is that? I might be missing something but I only see the 737 and NBK on their product list.

I got several of these on Black Friday sales…totally out performed in all my expectations. Slick bolt, tight lock up, great trigger/firing pin timing, uses prefits.
Considering the prices that you can sometimes get these for (like right now with a Presidents' Day sale) it makes it hard to not just buy one to play with.

I had Triggered Precision Machine put together an Aero Solus action, Krieger barrel and Trigger Tech Special trigger. It consistently puts 3 shots under 1/4 moa with factory Hornady 108 ELD-M ammo.
How does it run? Can it keep up with the more expensive actions? Can't it be ran hard, like they need to be?

They were selling them separate for either the 737 or NBK, but I would imagine that you could order an action with it.
I see that. That's a pretty good option. I wonder if they'll just start making all of their actions with those instead. Seems like it'd be ideal.

I see that. That's a pretty good option. I wonder if they'll just start making all of their actions with those instead. Seems like it'd be ideal.
I hope it's at least an option when ordering in the future. I'd like to try one out and see.

Having plenty to choose from is an excellent problem to have. On my last custom-built, I faced a similar challenge and went with a made-in-Montana product - Anti-X. Good luck with your project.

View attachment 545881
Have been thinking about doing something like a hunting rifle with parts made strictly in Montana. I know my brother in-law wants to do one like that too. Are there any stock manufacturers in Montana?

Have been thinking about doing something like a hunting rifle with parts made strictly in Montana. I know my brother in-law wants to do one like that too. Are there any stock manufacturers in Montana?
That was my original goal on my last build, but the closest I got was action and barrel McGowen/C6; I originally planned on using Proof, but they did not have the twist I wanted). I tried to get Proof's stocks, but they only used them on their rifles. I had no luck with made-in-Montana stocks.

I'm not really worried about doing it at a match. More so, shoot a PRS match this weekend and then a couple weekends later shoot a NRL Hunter match. I was thinking a 25 Creedmoor would be the ideal compromise for both though. But I'm difficult and would probably rather have two rifles because I already need another safe.
Ya it's definitely not about doing it at a match you're right there. I would never do that physically at a match unless it's absolutely necessary.
I have 3 Zeus actions and they're all for different things but all are technically QC. The QC is repeatable but if you're serious about competing just screw it on ahead of time and check zero( which you should do anyway).
I use the QC mostly to save space and money. I personally do not love having a bunch of rifles I have no time to use. That being said I have 6 different cartridges/ barrels I can choose from.
If you want 3 lug that's the way to go. 🤘🏼

Otherwise, if you "have to" 😉 shoot 2 lug stick with impact. They're made for PRS just like the Zeus. 🤙🏼

Last edited:
Please elaborate. What is it that you don't like and more importantly, what makes it not worth the price and what isn't right about it? I haven't heard anything that bad about it.
Now ive seen more of these than most I'd guess. I hang around my buddies shop a lot and he's a dealer. I've seen 5 of them either fail to close properly every time( no barrel ) or the crappy nitride job wears off with just running the bolt several times. There are timing issues, QC isn't great, and honestly the design could be better overall.
They hit a price point but I'd rather save a few more bucks and just get a Zermatt Origin at that price. Much more reliable even tho no integrated lug and rail.

Super disappointing since I'm a 3 lug guy.

YMMV

Last edited: