Crooked tips on Barnes TTSX bullets

Laelkhunter

I saw a Youtube video where the guy had some Barnes TTSX in 225 grain .338 bullets, and he pointed out that out of every 10 bullets, two or three had crooked tips. It was really noticeable when he rolled the bullets down a piece of glass, the plastic tips had a noticeable wobble to some of them. He said he returned the bad ones to Barnes, and they sent him new bullets. Of the new ones he got directly from Barnes, some of them also had crooked tips which is the ones shown in the video.
I have the same exact bullet, and when I checked mine, there were also some that had the crooked tips.

I haven't noticed any accuracy problems with them, but I have only shot them to 100 yards. Do you think the crooked tips would affect the accuracy at long range, or not at all?

I sent an e-mail to Barnes to see what their suggestion is, but haven't received a response yet.

Has anyone else noticed if their Barnes TTSX have crooked tips?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts