Cronus BTR--Razor Gen 2--Toric 4.5-30

Despotes

All are within the same price range now and appear to have the same optical design. Which do you buy and why?
I can't decide since I don't have all 3 before me. Will be used mostly targets and some game identification/hunting.
Which has the least amount of distortion at their lowest magnification? Eyebox forgiveness, FOV etc. I know all three track well and the Razor and Toric have the better turrets, so this is mostly an optical performance question.
There are reviews of the Toric 4.5-30 on Youtube, but nothing detailed about glass quality/image unfortunately. Most reviews just show somebody shooting targets. Not very informative. I can do that with a Bushnell Banner. Haha
I'd like to get the Cronus right now and not have to wait at least 4 weeks for the other two. Worth the wait? Black fly season is soon approaching and my Bergara is naked and shivering.

The Cronus is made BTW LOW in Japan. Athlon has excellent quality control which is why you do not see endless posts about how great their warranty is because they have very little issues with their products. It would be our pleasure to discuss this with you if you'd like
Doug
516-217-1000

I decided to risk it and preorder the Toric 4-30X56. June 1st is the expected ETA. Otherwise, I would have gotten the Cronus. Fingers crossed I won't be disappointed.

I decided to risk it and preorder the Toric 4-30X56. June 1st is the expected ETA. Otherwise, I would have gotten the Cronus. Fingers crossed I won't be disappointed.

can you post a review or initial impressions? I had a Cronus and really enjoyed it but sold it off when I transitioned from MOA to mil. Great scope at a great price.

Oh no comparison just seeing how tract performs. Read reviews that they are a solid scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.