NX8 vs Cronus BTR Gen 2 vs Vudu vs RS.4

ceard

Alright so I ordered a rifle to shoot do some long-range shooting and I will be ordering a scope in a month or so. I am looking at the NX8 4-32x50 with the Mil-C Reticle, the Cronus BTR GEN2 4.5-29x56 with the APRS6, the EOTech Vudu 5-25X50 with the MD3-MRAD reticle, and finally the Maven RS.4 - 5-30X56 with the CFR reticle. I can get all at a good though expert voice or guidefitter but the Maven is around 600$ more and, the NX8 is around 500$ more than the price of the Cronus and Vudu.
So my question is, from use do any of these severely outclass the others. Do the Nightforce and Maven deserve the higher price. A note the NX8 has the potential to be a long ship time. Also I am open to suggestions, scope just needs to have zero-stops, be in Mils, and I like cleaner reticles. Thank you all

Last edited:
thank you I will look into the rest of the series. I thought the nightforce might be the best but with the 30mm vs the 34mm tubes I thought it might not warrant the extra

Last edited:
Alright so I ordered a rifle to shoot do some long-range shooting and I will be ordering a scope in a month or so. I am looking at the NX8 4-32x50 with the Mil-C Reticle, the Cronus BTR GEN2 4.5-29x56 with the APRS6, the EOTech Vudu 5-25X50 with the MD3-MRAD reticle, and finally the Maven RS.4 - 5-30X56 with the CFR reticle. I can get all at a good though expert voice or guidefitter but the Maven is around 600$ more and, the NX8 is around 500$ more than the price of the Cronus and Vudu.
So my question is, from use do any of these severely outclass the others. Do the Nightforce and Maven deserve the higher price. A note the NX8 has the potential to be a long ship time. Also I am open to suggestions, scope just needs to have zero-stops, be in Mils, and I like cleaner reticles. Thank you all
I get all my scopes from euro optic, most are 1-2 day free shipping. I own 2 nx8 4x32 and would have bought another if I didn't get an Atacr. You can't beat the nightforce because it's built like a tank, if you want a 34mm tube but an atacr.

I get all my scopes from euro optic, most are 1-2 day free shipping. I own 2 nx8 4x32 and would have bought another if I didn't get an Atacr. You can't beat the nightforce because it's built like a tank, if you want a 34mm tube but an atacr.
Yes but I will be ordering though expert voice and I read ship times can be varied from a week to months. I do not require a 34mm I just wasn't sure with the 30mm of the nightforce nx8 still was worth the extra money as I have not looked though the scopes side by side.
Also the ATACR is an 500-1000 more so if only I could just get one l lol

But it seems the nightforce is the preferred for sure

Yes but I will be ordering though expert voice and I read ship times can be varied from a week to months. I do not require a 34mm I just wasn't sure with the 30mm of the nightforce nx8 still was worth the extra money as I have not looked though the scopes side by side.
Also the ATACR is an 500-1000 more so if only I could just get one l lol

But it seems the nightforce is the preferred for sure
I have no clue what expert voice is

I will say this, at the end he wanted Athlon to contact him on using his Hunting Reticle and setup a more LR Hunting scope instead of PRS. They never would go with it and he has started working with Tract Toric and they have agreed to work together on a scope. I understand they will have something on the market sometime around May I believe, but just thought I would throw that out there as well. Just something else to think about.